Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Asset Quality

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Browncoat Jayson, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Perhaps this is my perception, but the images of some of the new items going into R44 don't seem to be of the same quality as others in that line. Just for example:

[​IMG]
    Here is the Viking 2-Story Stronghold. It has some excellent visuals, especially the constrast between the polished (brown) and painted (green) wood sections, and the teal inlays.

[​IMG]
    The new palisade wall that is designed to enclose a Viking stronghold, on the other hand, has overly bright orange and brown wood, and teal. Is this just the difference of shadows on the wall, or does is appear that strikingly different in-game as well?

Similarly, the new Shogun ship looks like it just rolled off a construction line somewhere. Contrast that with the pirate ship, which is much more lived-in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not to be completely negative, I do want to say that the new scenes, wearables, and weapons look excellent! Just wanted to voice my concern, which perhaps is just overly reactive to the images. If it looks better in-game, then please accept my apologies.

Thanks.

Hazard and Mischievous Dragon like this.
  2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Clearly not applying lighmaps properly yet. Think this won't make live as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.