Asthetic items(Be it event rewards or "add-on" item purchasable) usablitly.

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Drakaul, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakaul

Drakaul Avatar

Any items earned through shroud of the avatar should be unequivocally interchangeable purely for visual/aesthetic purposes to enhance the visual experience for all those who have earned/payed for such items. The feature is so easy and almost completely void of performance implications that i do not comprehend why it is not implemented already.

2. Drakaul

Drakaul Avatar

Essentially i would like to buy aesthetic armor from the add-on store, but i don't see the point unless i can look like that all the time (even when my actual equipment is different). I can see why they don't do this (can have an impact on player interactions , i.e. pvp scenarios). why not just make it inapplicable in these situations?

3. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Qué?

That feature is in the addon-shop. And it had a lot of good discussions.

But I'm not sure if I can grasp the meaning of your post. Sorry.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

He wants what WoW calls "transmorgification" your equip looks like a set of item A but is actually item B.

enderandrew likes this.
  5. Drakaul

Drakaul Avatar

So you can buy "gear" in the add-ons store that looks cool, but that gear has no stats.....what i would like, if it is possible, a way to visually see that set of armor you purchased, though you might be wearing less aesthetically desirable gear that is actually beneficial, the astronomical price of such purchases seem undesirable otherwise.

6. Julian Baskerville

No...only vanity items are available. And some are pretty nice and great looking.

Ohh ahhhh ! I Get it....you mean the LOTRO "look Equipment" compared to the "used Equipment" for stats.

No...that Feature is not in the game and since there are no classes in Sota that tell you what armor you have to wear...you can basically decide yourself, every day, how you want to look like.

In Lotor: your a tank an wear plate...and for Looks, you could wear otehr stuff while still getting the plate Bonus.

In SotA, you can be a different class every day, every second even if you want, just change your deck and the needed equipment will change.

7. Acred

Acred Avatar

It is what LOTRO calls 'outfits'.

Clicking on a player or their name in chat allows you to inspect them, similar to the 'examine' function we have in SotA. This would bring up the statistical information of their actual armour, that you do not see graphically.

8. Drakaul

Drakaul Avatar

i really just want to be able to look like a $20 set of armor i buy in the shop even when I'm killing stuff and still have the stat gear i have be beneficial.

9. Drakaul

Drakaul Avatar

I.e. transmogrify if you have to be plebeian.

10. Julian Baskerville

uhm...nope man...I mean...maybe, possible. Am not perfect.

Best of luck to you...in whatever you do or play.

Fain likes this.
  11. Selene

Selene Avatar

There has been some talk about this in the hangouts. The idea is the decorative armor would have to be the same type. i.e. decorative plate armor when wearing plate, cloth for cloth.

Another idea they kicked around was rare boss mob drops for molds that would change the look of armor and weapons when they were crafted.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Let's keep the discussion free of attacking other players because of their language. If this continues, I'll go beyond verbal warnings and start handing out timeouts. This also isn't the place to talk about language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.