Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Attack Toggle not working Correctly

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Mactavish, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mactavish

Mactavish Avatar

06/30/2016 09:29
    Title: Attack Toggle not working correctly
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: Every Attack starts out in Free Attack mode. You press the T key and it changes to Auto-Attack. The next beastie you fight, attack begins in Free Form, T changes to Auto FOR THAT ATTACK ONLY.
    Steps to Reproduce: Fight Something, Press T, then go fight something else
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32768
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M395X OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.OSX.64.432.Date.06.29.16
    Area: SolaceBridge
    Loc: (-66.8, 38.8, -41.3)

Leostemplar likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If possible can you provide more information for us to investigate this case further? We are unable to reproduce the issue as you're observing it. Please check your game controls to make sure that the control for "Toggle Attack" is assigned to T, not Attack itself.

3. Mactavish

Mactavish Avatar

Confirmed - Toggle Attack is T, Attack says NONE. Let me know what info you need, happy to provide.

Leostemplar likes this.
  4. Attenwood

This should be working. We have some fixes regarding auto-attack being made, including it falling off when a target it lost, which may be what you're describing?

5. Mactavish

Mactavish Avatar

Nope, Every attack begins in Free mode. I have to manually hit T each combat to get auto to turn on. Additional thing i noticed, Once I kill something and I sty in combat stance, the next beastie i attack, AUTO is OFF. That sounds like what you've just described - No target = no auto.
    I am referring to when combat is initiated, it is always in free form and a actual pressing of the T button is required to go into auto.

Leostemplar likes this.
  6. Attenwood

This is what's being fixed.

7. Attenwood

We were under the assumption that by "that attack only" you meant a single swing. ;)

8. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So to add my $0.02. The toggle for auto-attack in the Game Menu options is no longer present. In the mean time, every opponent I attack I have to hit the t key to enable auto-attack for that opponent. Not sure why things were changed this way. So now I either have to click attack for each swing. Or target an opponent and press t for every opponent. New opponent, auto-attack toggle is unset.

agra likes this.
  9. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So to increment the contribution to $3.50... I was mining and was attacked by an earth elemental mid mine and my avatar started auto-attacking as a reaction to the hostile earth elemental without user intervention.

Seems very hit or miss given there is no indicator of when it is active or not. There have been times that it works and I auto-attack, but many more times where I just stand there and take punches until I hit t.

I think it may come down to behavioral expections. Is a double click to initiate attack on a monster a trigger for shutting off auto-attack? If so, then we are ingrained to click/double click to initiate combat per past releases.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    agra likes this.
  10. Attenwood

These are all known issues being worked on.

11. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Roger that. Hope that includes auto-attack only attacking when mouse is hovering over an opponent. Since atm I am using the mouse to click on skills instead of pressing the numbers, that interrupts auto-attack on a regular basis.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Aldo likes this.
  12. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Auto-attack is still not working in patch 437. Have to keep hitting the "T" key after every mob I kill, or even after looting something or sheathing my weapon...
    I don't know if this was supposed to be fixed in this patch as the patch notes are still not published on the website.

Could you please push out the patch notes before, or at least at the same time, as the patch.

Leostemplar and agra like this.
  13. agra

agra Avatar

Still no 437 patch notes, more than a day later. Still no visual indication of auto attack. This was working fine up to R28 at least, then with the "targeting change" it all went off the rails.
    If we have auto attack enabled, it should be always on and continue swinging if there is a creature in range. Having to press "T" after every mob is killed is poor design.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  14. Attenwood

In your Game Options, at the bottom of the list, should be an option labeled "Use Free Attack". It can be untoggled which should make every attack going forward default as Auto-Attack.

15. agra

agra Avatar

Yep, I'm aware. The issue is that I have to turn it on for every creature I fight, now, in buiild 437. I have to press 'T' for every fight, repeatedly sometimes, if there are multiple creatures.
    This is different behavior than in the past, where once it was enabled, it was on all the time, and simply attacked when a creature was in range, and stopped when there were no more creatures to attack.
    Specifically, in the past, I did NOT have to press "T' for every fight. Now I do.

16. Attenwood

Having "Use Free Attack" turned off effectively does what you're describing. Upon engaging in combat for the first time, you will remain in Auto-Attack for the duration of being in combat mode. T doesn't need to be pressed.

If you're seeing otherwise, provide a specific reproduction case for us to investigate.

17. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Now the two-mouse-button movement is broken again. The mouse movemnet works while ones weapon is sheathed but hitting the un-sheath weapon key "Z" and pressing both mouse buttons will swing the weapon instead of moving... until one has killed an opponent and then it starts working again... until one sheaths and then un-sheaths the weapon again and it swings the weapon instead of moving.

18. Attenwood

Left + Right click mouse movement is not by design for when in both combat and cursor mode. It can still be done via right-click when in reticle mode + combat mode. Or you can use the middle mouse button.

19. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

It used to work fine, and still does in the cases I mentioned... Why not give us the option? Using the middle mouse button is not an option for me.

20. Mactavish

Mactavish Avatar

I have turned off (unchecked) the Use Free Attack box. Now, when I click on a target to imitate attack, I swing my weapon 1 time (1 ping only Vasily). Each click is still 1 swing, and since I unchecked the box, I no longer have the Free Mode build up if I hold down buttons. To initiate Autoattack, I Still must press the T key.

agra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.