Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Attempting to craft a wooden storage chest in R26

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by agra, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

So, from what I can tell, a wooden storage chest requires:

5 wooden boards
    1 chest mechanism
    1 carpentry hammer

Now, I've tried to make this, I have 4 pine boards, 4 maple boards, 1 chest mechanism, and 1 carpentry hammer.

I put 5 boards on the table, with the mechanism and hammer, but the "CRAFT" button doesn't light up.

Is the recipe wrong, or do I need to buy the recipe (can't be discovered now?) or do I need 5 of the same kind of board, not just 5 boards of any kind?

Thanks, if anyone knows the answer for certain, please reply so I can ignore it, or create a bug report.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There have been some changes to several item ingredients. The chest might be one of them.

We'll just need someone to go baller, but the recipe, and then share with everyone.

By the way, soltown merchant is selling the actual chest for 200g.

3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I was able to make one yesterday with that recipe. Are your boards all of the same type (all maple or all pine)? You can't mix board types in most recipes.

Katrina Bekers and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  4. agra

agra Avatar

Ah. Well that answers that, and is unfortunate.
    Thanks for the information, cartodude.

So, my feedback with that reveal: You should be able to mix & match board types, on this recipe, and any similar recipes that just require x number of 'boards'.

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I'm fairly certain we used to be able to mix boards. I wonder if different wood will have different carrying capacity now. Or, more likely, the new architecture just doesn't flag both types as interchangeable.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  6. agra

agra Avatar

Yeah, I wanted to see what the actual effort required is to make it versus buy it.
    As expected, buying it is trivial. You kill a few bandits, skin a few wolves, 200g is probably less than 10-12 minutes effort. Less if you're fighting undead.
    Now to actually get the wood?
    6 wood = 1 timber = 1 board. So you need 30 harvests of one type of tree to get enough wood.
    The best part about this mechanic is the auto-pull/social-yell feature when harvesting things. That is, when you start chopping wood, all creatures within 30m immediately run and attack you, line-of-sight be damned.
    It's pretty fun when you figure out how it works, because it's like a creature spawner. Start chopping, large grey wolf appears. Kill wolf, skin it, oh, a large brown bear appears. Skin the wolf, oh, a large wolf spider appears! Good times.
    After about level 25 it's just pure annoyance in the 1-skull zones, but up to that point, being able to pull all the creatures around you certainly cuts down on travel time. :p And it saves you having to.. you know, actually hunt.

cartodude likes this.
  7. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I have not crafted yet in R26, but I could not mix boards earlier for the chest.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I also found out that it requires maple-only or pine-only boards. So I ended up making two chests.

And I was a bit surprised that wooden timber required 6 wood. I was looking at wiki and it said 4, so it seems this has been changed. But I had been using the scrap recipe for so long that I don't really know if the change is new to R26.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.