Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[ATTENTION DEVS] HIGHLY Recommend revisiting decoration limits for inns.

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Cairo Hayden, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Hello,

Currently I am an owner of an Inn. Our inn was fully furnished on the main floor to look realistic and is far from being cluttered. By the time the owner decorates the main floor, the stairwells, the hallways, and the bedrooms with the essentials(bed, dresser, desk, chair, rug, wall hangings(decor), alcohol/food, this leaves absolutely NO room for guests to decorate with there own personal belongings. Pledge items, weapons, clothing, books, you name it! There are 15 bedrooms in an inn and currently with my non cluttered inn, this leaves approx. 5-10 items PER room tops and that is stretching it a bit. This is after each room has all the BASIC essentials ALL bedrooms require to be an inn and realistic and in the end this leaves approx 5 or 6 items to personalize for the guest/tenant.

I vote that for inns, since it is not ideally set up for a personal home due to the layout and is very unique and $100.00 to purchase anyways for this unique layout to house tenants, currently we have an internal light, internal container and internal object placement bar. I vote that we get an extra bar for tenant interior deco count. This should go with ALL homes. If the tenant wishes to personalize there own bedroom(with a door) then they should be able to do so. Perhaps allow these inns to allow up to 450 items for tenants to place. This would be 30 items per room which again would include the essentials which take up nearly 10 items per room on it's own. Also, this will keep tenants from abusing the rules and taking up more deco space then the other tenants in the house, creating a BALANCED & FAIR environment for each tenant. This would leave a non cluttered room but would make the room more personal for our tenants.

I don't see how this is asking for much, afterall aren't we supposed to make our guests feel welcome and allow them to personalize there room?

Some will argue, buy a bigger lot, I will argue back, I'm not made of money like yourself and can't afford town, city, and keep lots to place a small village sized inn on it. What a waste of space to do such a thing and shame on if you are thinking that ;)

Again, I am asking Portalarium to re-evaluate this problem and look at it from the inn owners perspective. If you wish, come see our Inn in Serenite which is straight south and a hair over of the Giant Titan of Love statue.
    Currently the way it sits right now, I am maxed deco count, only 4 tenants are housed here, leaving the other guests absolutely no room to add to there rooms. This is sad!

@Lord British @DarkStarr @Chris @FireLotus

I'm honestly not sure who to tag in here so if anyone knows the person to tag into this thread, please do so if you reply.

***** Please keep all comments positive and not negative. I see no reason what I have listed above is far from we all should expect from these buildings specifically meant to house tenants and provide free/affordable housing for ALL!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Numa and RadioMan like this.
  2. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

Agreed, really, instead of a pool for all tenants, each tenant should have their own allotment. Otherwise you will have griefers.

Also, there is quite visibly an attic space on the viking in. Let us get to it please.

More people to tag @Berek

=)

3. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

There would be no room in that attic to add any decoration with the low decoration limit number currently for that size of village home. So until the devs realize 400 items is not acceptable, there would be no sense in creating a livable attic.

4. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Agreed, decoration number should be revisited, and I'm assuming that this will occur as the performance of the game is worked on. I would think that there's no point in increasing the decoration limit until performance is markedly improved.

In addition to revisiting decoration limits, I'd hope that they revisit decorative items and placement abilities (it's way too hard to place certain items even though they should fit either on floors or walls), and also there are way too many surfaces in houses that do not have surfaces that can be used to place items. IMO, these issues go hand in hand.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why not let your guests decorate their own room? Why would you put anything at all in any room?

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I totally agree with this. You should be able to allocate the number of items, lights and containers that each tenant can place.

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

makes sense to me.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Because, as in RL, a substantial number of renters will be transients who won't have the motivation to improve their room beyond the addition of a chest or two. These people will be looking for a fully furnished room they can live with.

My prediction is that by the time the rental system is in full swing that 3/6/12 month contracts will be rare. Majority will want to stay for a few weeks or maybe just a month or two.

9. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

it's just a matter of preference really - I decorated the Inn and we wanted it to feel like an Inn - not vagabond city where people come and dump their crap and make no effort at good decorating. I don't know of any motel/hotel/inn where you bring your own furniture. We allocated a few items for each potential tenant to place some things but generally wanted it to be that they are just renting the room to be able to place containers.

I am sure there will be a variety of approaches to how to use the Inn/tenant/rental systems and all are perfectly valid.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.