Attention grabbing buff alert

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Barugon, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ok. That makes no sense. I like Linux as well. As so a majority of organizations running Apache or NGINX.

I like being able to fix problems rather than depend upon a company like Apple or Microsoft. If there is a problem. I'm under the hood.

One of the reasons I enjoy playing SOTA. If there is a problem. I have tools to look and see what's going on.

Either way. Let's stick with the topic. It's starting to sound very much like a Babylon 5 Garibaldi conversation.

You want to talk about socks?

It's just a question :D

Barugon and Boris Mondragon like this.
  2. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Button then zip, like anyone civilized!

Lesni likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The blinking on the buffs is nice, no matter the duration, it is simply a nice addition.

As for your suggestion @Greyfox , I'll admit to not liking it. I do want longer buffs :
    • Stances becoming a Toggle with a focus reserve, like pets and summons
    • Other buffs seeing their duration increased to bare minimum 2 minutes, while most pushing for 5 at least
    • Some skills becoming 100% reactionary, aka not being able to use them at all until condition x is complete
    • Skills like dodge staying they way they work, I really enjoy being able to push for a big buff as an "oh ****" maneuver but having a weaker lasting effect, that should be refreshed due to it's high usage.
    These three changes which would be big for the system, would fix most issues I have with buffs, but also still allow for barugons suggestion to have an impact on our gameplay.

That is not anything that would make the game feel like a copy of an other game, it is simply something that makes sense.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This I definitely agree with, since they're mutually exclusive and such.

[edit] Stances require zero focus and are not stackable, so tacking on some focus reserve in order to make them a toggle is not needed.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have no problem with the toggle of stances as a focus reserve if its an option I do not have to take. I do not have problems keeping my buffs up, but I do have focus issues sometimes, and if I was forced to use a stance with a focus reserve, well, that would just suck ballz from my perspective.

Barugon and Boris Mondragon like this.
  6. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

It would be easier to know when the buffs drop if the buff bar was much bigger, at the very least

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.