Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Attenuation being reached early

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Hemswal The Descended, Jul 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

07/06/2018 18:24
    Title: Attenuation being reached early
    Reproduction Rate: 4/4
    Blocker? Yes, XP is blocked =P
    Steps to Reproduce: Grind XP. Get less than 1 million xp (apr 900k). Take break until attenuation drops, Go grind more. Get (apr 700-800k). Take break until attenuation drops, Go grind more. Get about (apr 200k). Take break until attenuation drops, Go grind more. Get about 100k, get frustrated during double xp and /bug to make this bug report.
    Note: This was experienced by 6-8 people, all in the same guild. The group size varied based upon frustration.
    Note 2: We are used to getting attenuated. Attenuation is not a new concept to us. It is either bugged or a design change has been put in. It would be nice to know which it is! Thank you :)
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16348
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.802.Date.07.06.18
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills02_01
    Area Display Name: Upper Tears
    Loc: (456.5, -67.9, -168.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMl8wMXx8KDQ1Ni41NDgsIC02Ny44NzMsIC0xNjguOTM1KXwoMCwgLTAuNzAxLCAwLCAwLjcxMyl8NjMxLjA4M3w0Ni4wOTU5M3wxOA==

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  2. Andel Rho

Andel Rho Avatar

3. berenice

berenice Avatar

To make sure i get full xp i do it on a one hour period, i never take in account the attenuation symbol: in UT for example, starting on a fresh run (not attenuated for the last couple of hours), get attenuated in 30mn, I wait another 30mn, if you take in account the attenuatio symbol, you start again usually after 15mn and of course get attenuated very fast after that. I always take in account the comple;ent to an hour the first time i start grinding and it works perfectly for me
    attenuate in 10mns? wait 50mn, attenuate in 20-40mn break etc etc etc ...

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It's my understanding that this is a moving target... if you receive 1 mil xp in a one hour period, say 45 minutes, and wait 15 minutes (1 hour) then start again, then that moves the beginning of your 1 hour period, leaving you a smaller window in which to earn xp before attenuation begins again. This MAY be what is happening, but I can't be certain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.