Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Attunement decimal not shown (or calculated) right

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Summer Breeze, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

I noticed the decimal in all my magic attunements (when wearing no attunement gear) is always a 2.

I was told the attunement should be the average of the top 10 skills in the tree, which would mean a 0.1 increase with every gain in one of those 10 skills.
    But that is not matched by what is shown in the skill window.

When I press the meditating figure in the skill window to have the attunements shown, the trees all show an attunement with a 2 as the first (and only) decimal.

Example:
    In my water tree I had all skills at 100, except specialization (at 1) and Summon Ice Elemental at 99. The attunement shown was 99.2 (instead of the expected 99.9).
    Upon gaining the 1 extra skillpoint in Summon Ice Elemental to reach 100, with all other skills the same, my shown water attunement went to 100.2 (instead of the expecte 100.0).

As the difference is negligible in practice, I have no way of testing whether this is a calculating error for the attunement or just a display error.

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's a display error. It affects a couple of skills in the Ranged tree as well, where the real value is something like 2.13 but you just see "2.1" for several levels until it hits "2.2". There's a JIRA on it that may be fixed some day decades from now. :p

3. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

The digits shown are right in your case (as I suspect they will be for the percentages in crafting). And yes, it would be nice to have more digits shown.

The bug report is about the decimal for attunement (i.e. always 2) being wrong in 9 out of 10 cases. Not about the number of digits.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Summer Breeze, i suspect this is a tree you have spec in? i think it is still a matter of rounding and display. it's been my experience that base attunement from the actual skill points is displayed as a whole number and then the additional attunement from the spec is added WITH the decimal. is your spec currently giving you xx.2 additional?

5. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

All schools of magic in which I've learned the specialization skill, but have not specialized in, have the xx.2.

The two schools I've not yet learned the specialization for (death and chaos) and the one school I've actually specialized in (earth) show no decimals.
    In the case of earth that could be because my specialization is at 80, giving no cause for decimals.

But wait... that solves the problem!
    The 1 in each specialization skill I'm not actually using gives the 0.2 attunement in those schools.
    And the attunement from the 10 highest passive/active skills must get rounded down (hence 99+0,2 in water when it should be 99.9+0.2).

Looking again at all my magic attunements, they confirm to the same formula:
    magic attunement from skills = round.down(sum(top 10 active & passive skills in the tree)/10) + attunement from the specialization skill​

Bug resolved. Thanks for your comment, Alley Oop!

Mishikal and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.