attunement questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Feb 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

When does the attunement plus/minuses kick in? 40, or 80 in a magic tree? Is it still that after awhile you get a plus 2 in a given spell category, and a minus two in it's opposite? I've been going up fire and Earth with my melee character and this has me concerned after learning about it since they seem to be opposing trees. I figure the plus/minus would cancel each other out :/ so you don't get a benefit or penalty. True? If you unlearn points to go under the mastery or whatever, will you get rid of the minus? I'm above 40 in fire, but thinking earth is better for my fighter.

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

The negative is for resistance to the opposite magic tree. So you will take more incoming damage from those trees.

In your case they wouldn't cancel out. You would gain attunement in both fire and earth and also have worse resist to each opposite school.

They start giving the benefits right at level 1 and increase at each level. And you gain an extra glyph for your deck once a specialization skill reaches level 80.

The benefits you receive from specialization are listed in the tooltips for the skills that have them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Windmane and Mac2 like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Fire and earth dont oppose each other, if you look at your skills page, the magic on the opposite side of the chaos magic ( its in the middle ). So for earth, air is its opposing school, and for fire it is water.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It says right in the tooltip what it does your attunement and resistance. Just hold your mouse over the specialization skill.

5. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

was thinking water should be the opposite, but was looking side by side, doh.

So is it lvl 80 in attunement when the plus/neg 2 kicks in? I hovered over the meditating dude icon and it doesn't give details. Just a general description of attunement. Or is it a certain passive skill needs to be 80? Or, any skill in a magic tree? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.