Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Auto-attack disabled by looting

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Jade, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Avatar

7/12/2016 12:26 PM
    Title: Looting disables auto attack
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Annoyer
    Details: As a newbie character I killed a zombie, looted it and then tried to walk in combat mode. Apparently auto attack was disabled while looting and I was stuck and had to hit the auto attack again to continue walking.
    Steps to Reproduce: kill anything while in auto attack and loot it then try to walk
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770S CPU @ 3.10GHz (8) System RAM: 16310
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 GPU RAM: 1985
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.442.Date.07.11.16
    Area: SolaceBridge
    Loc: (-121.4, 42.8, 35.9)

Dariog, FrostII and Leostemplar like this.
  2. Sapphire

Sapphire Avatar

7/12/2016 12:47 PM
    Title: Auto attack disable when leaving combat.
    Reproduction Rate:Each time
    Blocker?No
    Details:While in auto attack I killed a zombie. Went out of combat. Did not loot and was able to run with my left and right mouse keys. Went back into combat to engage another critter but had been knocked out of auto attack so could not walk with the mouse until I struck the T button again. I have Use Free Attack NOT checked.
    Steps to Reproduce:Uncheck Use Free Attack, go into combat, press T button, kill then leave combat. Go back into combat to fight again and must press T again to walk with mouse and auto attack.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 8168
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4007
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.442.Date.07.11.16
    Area: SolaceBridge
    Loc: (-119.5, 42.4, -61.2)

FrostII and Leostemplar like this.
  3. Sapphire

Sapphire Avatar

This time I made certain to notice that after killing creature I went out of combat. Whether I looted or not if I went back into combat mode I had to press the T button in order to walk with the mouse. Upon engaging an enemy I was then in auto attack.

Jade2 and Leostemplar like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Attenwood

All above from @Jade2 and @Abigail is stated correctly and is completely accurate, but it is not limited to looting or going out of combat mode. Skinning any creature also takes you out of AutoAttack.

Currently - the only way to move with both mouse buttons while in combat mode, is to Enable AutoAttack.

Looting, skinning or going into non-combat mode - ALL take you out of AutoAttack, which precludes your ability to move using the mouse until AutoAttack is re-instated with the T key.

I believe that what all of us "mouse movers" ( and ALL of the people soon coming in from UO ) want - is for the ability to tell the client "Never, ever take us out of AutoAttack unless we take a checkmark OUT of a box (that we need) that says: "Always use AutoAttack - period."

The issue of not being able to mouse move in combat mode ( UNLESS in AutoAttack is currently active ) is why we are reporting this and asking for a permanent toggle that does what I stated in the sentence above.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Dariog and Jade2 like this.
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This issue has been reported and should have a fix in place in the near future. Thanks for reporting.

Dariog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.