Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Auto attack disappeared?

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by mass, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

I like the way it operates now also, with 2 caveats:

1. We could have used better communication regarding the nature of the change.

2. We still need a toggle keybind; if you have auto attack enabled, everytime you unsheath it should be active, but you can toggle it off. If you have autoattack disabled, it should be disabled when you unsheath and then can be toggled on. I think this would make everybody happy (and this is supposedly forthcoming).

2. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

The toggle keybind disappearing was an error, dev said it would come back in patch 1.

mass likes this.
  3. Myrradah

Myrradah Avatar

I for one use auto attack because flurry stack of 5 is just.....crushing with other skills. Its like a serious dot that can crit. I do not want to have to select a target to auto attack - kind of ruins that whole build. i also use it to pull targets.

The fact that it burns the bow down...helps the economy :0 so i can sell more bows!

4. Myrradah

Myrradah Avatar

I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO CLICK A TARGET for auto attack to kick in!

There is no reason to. If you dont want to kill rabbits turn it off!

Tamsen likes this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You only need to click on a non hostile target..

6. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I liked it when I could just set an option and have auto-attack turned on. Ok some like to turn it on and off with a key. But why not leave it up to the user when it gets turned on and off. Why does it always turn off when I sheath my weapon? Why can't I turn it on and leave it on if I want?

7. mass

mass Avatar

It's like that now. If you uncheck 'disable auto attack' in the game settings, everytime you unsheath you will have autoattack on. (I didn't figure it out on my own after the change, had to be told).

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Uh there is no "disable auto attack" in setting anymore, sorry oyu are out of date.

9. mass

mass Avatar

When did that happen? Within the last day or two?

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think auto-attack is working pretty good at this point. My only gripe is that when a mob notices me and decides to run away then I shouldn't start blasting it with arrows until it actually decides to attack me.

11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

A quick clarification on how Dev+ works. We usually put out a new upcoming release on Dev+ QA about a week or so before the build is due to go live to the general public. Once it does go live though and "Release XX is now live!" announcements are made, then that is your signal that Dev+ has been closed.

You can also check the front page of the website for server offline/online notification on the right sidebar.

12. mass

mass Avatar

I think the disconnect here was that there was no description of this change in the Release notes (though I may have missed it, I specifically went hunting for it when I had the initial issue) and it was a little disconcerting that the rest of us had to find out from Dev+ access players on how to get up and running on autoattack. I can understand wanting to restrict QA access and posting in Dev+ to those players, but on several occasions, information pertinent to new release gameplay or even the ability to advantageously prepare for new release changes have been available to Dev+ players when the ostensible purpose of the forum is increased access to developers to provide feedback...not to have an increased information stream from Dev to player.

I totally understand there's a ton of information that changes release to release and it's easy to miss a few things.

13. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Appears fixed in the latest patch. i.e. auto-attack stays on when you sheath your weapon.

14. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

Can someone please tell me why i NOW have to select a target for auto attack? Is it just me or is that just something the developers through in to irritate us?

15. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Actually it is now based on a hostile targeting you, according to the patch notes. I can live with that. It is better than it has been in some past versions imo.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've been trying it out all night and auto-attack seems to be working really good... at least for ranged.

17. mass

mass Avatar

I think the change was made for ranged, and I bet it does solve their issue. Might be nice to have this be a check box setting. It was really nice to be able to just run at something and have it be attacked as soon as you were in range for melee or simply turn to the next enemy and attack them. Not sure if possible, but would be awesome if everyone could get it working optimally for their weapon choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.