Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Auto wield

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Hermetic, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Don't know if its been brought up before but is there a way to turn off having your avatar auto-wielding its weapon and going into combat mode on taking damage?

It is very annoying to finish off a skelly swordsman, for example, and to sheath ones weapons to heal-up faster only to have your weapons brought out again automatically, even if there is no enemy around, just because you are still getting damage from rend.

I mean I don't want to turn off auto-attack; just to have it not keep me in combat when I explicitly choose to sheath my weapons, especially when I am not being attacked but just taking some dmg from a spell or debuff that hasn't timed-out yet.

Lazarus Long likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's intentional. If you didn't automatically go into combat mode then you could just run through any zone, open and take the contents of any chest without much threat from the mobs.

3. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

It seems to me that if you didn't automatically go into combat mode [edt/ and chose not to fight] you would, you should, get killed rather easily and quickly.

I am not asking to be un-attackable, or even that I won't go into combat mode when attacked, but after... when I still might be taking dmg, when there are better ways to deal with the problem other than with weapons drawn.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When you're not in combat mode then you're able to open containers and you regenerate a lot faster (which, ultimately, is the reason you don't want to be put into combat mode).

5. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Why should I be put into combat mode when I am NOT fighting anyone/anything and want to regenerate?

6. Gix

Gix Avatar

Because you ARE in combat whenever you like it or not... the distinction is that you refuse to fight back.

The out of combat regeneration is supposed to simulate your body (and mind) resting; you can't rest when someone's punching you in the face.

This is a very standard set of rules for RPGs and MMOs alike.

7. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I am not talking about regenerating when I am being attacked; when there is an actual enemy present.
    I am not talking about letting debuffs disappear when the attacker is gone either. Just let me put my
    weapons away and heal when there is no attacker present.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Umm... Z key?

[edit] Try using Purify to get rid of the DOT.

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they added it in release 40. i'd be really happy to get an option for it.

Hermetic likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Actually, you would always go into combat mode. What they added in R40 was that you would now also draw your weapon instead of just standing there.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, exactly. we're not complaining about being knocked into combat, but if we didn't draw our weapons when it happened, we'd leave combat automatically when the dot ended.

Gix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.