Automatic Redemption of Rewards Release 61

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Almar

Almar Avatar

My new rewards are showing in a different colour until I close the window. Certainly the Meretz stuff is.

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Same here

3. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

@DarkStarr - how will this impact forum accounts that have never had/used game access? If you never log in they stay put on your forum account until you gift them to another player?

Thanks, Brickbat

4. Chaox

Chaox Associate Producer SOTA Developer

Yes.

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You can use "send as gift" instead. I've been doing that for the past 3 months or so.

Although I'm not entirely happy with this happening upon login (I would rather it be when you first open the Rewards window), I understand how most new players could have problems understanding the current interface (even veteran players were confused with R59!), and even worse the original one that went through the bank interface, and I think this will be an improvement for a majority of players, and to not log into an account if it has an item that I need to gift away from it.

People who already have an account set aside for storing items to gift to other people (such as for in-game prizes) only need to not log into them. Or create a new account (they're free now, right?) just for the purpose of parking gifts, and transfer everything over, you now have a month's notice.

I gained about 300 bank slots in R59, and the problem of storing monthly rewards was obviously only going to get worse. It was such a good idea that I was annoyed I hadn't thought of it myself.