Automatically Entering Combat When Hit

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Nog, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nog

Nog Avatar

Recently when the speed changes happened (ie. speed buffs reduced by half in combat), one of the requests was not forcing "combat mode" on players who are hit by some trivial damage so they can continue on their way when they have no interest in fighting that one tier-1 kobold archer that happened to see them running down the trail.

For me the most annoying part about the auto combat mode triggering is when I'm about to enter combat, I'll hit [Z] to draw my swords, only to find that the game is auto drawing them for me, which means I just toggled "put swords away" at the moment an enemy is jumping me.

In this way, it would be a win if the game didn't get in my way by trying to help me...or at least if turning off the auto mode was an option for those who want to avoid the periodic aggravation.

Cordelayne, Lazlo and Alley Oop like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

One of the most annoying examples of this is when you're dealing with DOT like from fire or from poison. You put away your sword, then the fire DOT hits you again, then you pull your sword out again, put it away, DOT hits, you pull it out again. Your sword doesn't help you stop the fire!

Cordelayne, Bink, Nog and 2 others like this.
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I have never liked this either. I can understand that being under attack should probably restrict players from doing some things, but it would be nice if there was a distinction between attacking and being under attack. Then there could be some things that you couldn't do while attacking or if you've been recently attacked, like out of combat regen bonuses, and other things that you can do as long as you're not attacking or using combat glyphs, like running full speed. Then there would be no need to forcibly unsheathe weapons.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

It used to be that you could be pulled into combat mode (combat glyph bar up) without being forced to draw your weapon, and then after a certain time without being hit, you'd return to non-combat mode. Either using a combat glyph or pressing Z would draw weapon. I wonder what happened to that. I thought it was much better, personally.

I also think it would be cool if a skill like Escape could suppress combat mode entirely in some instances or in some way.

Alley Oop and Nog like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

R40 happened

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, whyyyyy tho. NUE is a bad reason, it wasn't really confusing or unintuitive IMO.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Before R40, you would go into combat mode and not draw your weapon. Would you rather have that?

8. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

also harvesting a node should toggle off combat mode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.