Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by manufacturedsoul, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

I was thinking it would be cool if we could get either Avatar Sims or Pets in episode 2. These would be able to be made as a mirror image of your Avatar when he / she logs out of the game. Upon logging out this pet / sim would spawn in a predetermined spot in one of our homes and walk about the house performing various functions either NPC automated like current pets or potentially programmed by the player. This would allow for our homes to appear to be actually being used by our Avatars when we are not playing the game.

I feel like it would make the world seem more alive and also make it interesting for people to visit other players homes and see what their Avatar Sims might be doing even if they aren’t online. I feel like there could be various other things that could be supplemented with this feature such as the SIMS being vendors as well or usable for friends to teleport to even if you’re not around, maybe taking rent if you're not around for a rental space, who knows what other things could be done. Anyone else thought about or have thoughts on something like this?

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

That's actually pretty cool idea my man !!

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I like it.

And a bit side topic, if I could disappear the upper floors in my factory (or the whole town) and have a Sims style view and controls when I'm hanging out there and crafting, I'd totally play that way. No camera locked to the avatar, above view pointing down, point and click my way around... Might be a good way to play on mobile too.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That’s actually a really cool idea. Not sure on how much that would consume resources though.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Olthadir like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

This is what mine would be doing.

[​IMG]trady

6. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

I love that idea.

Combo it with having on offline job (or several in sequence) you could set them to do that was also useful, eg smelting your previously mined ore, or cooking up some wolf chops, would be great for taking some of the pain points out of crafting. Someone had mentioned wanting their avatar to be a vendor, that would be another great offline use.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Great idea. Ideally I would want folks, if possible to be able to 'chat' with my sim, but in effect, they are mailing me. This could greatly increase interaction and even possibly trade sales.

8. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I made everyone in Tomodachi Life on my 3DS and I had funny movies of @DarkStarr, @Lord British, @Time Lord, @Amber Raine and @Lum the Mad they were really funny then something awful happened to the 3DS' memory and I lost everything. DarkStarr was dating Amber and Lum and Time Lord were often fighting. Even Shaq and Ice Cube were there (because Nintendo had Miis for them.)
    I didn't have the heart to build it again.

9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

unfortunately, the time-suck itself is the basis of the crafting economy. without that barrier of time-to-complete each item, crafting would become quite trivial and trade would decrease as a result

10. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I love the idea of a *job*, but I am thinking more like sweeping the floor, dusting or some other trivial animation. Actual crafting would likely be problematic as that is basically a macro running and those are a huge no-no :)

11. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Yeah, since the time scale is something like 1 day in Novia is 1 h in real life, don’t make it a macro, instead make it take 24 times as long if you do it offline. I find it super hard to care about cthe processing aspect of crafting since it is mindless repetitive clicking to get stuff done. I would happily wait 24 h to have my avatar offline process my ore vs spending 1 h of my real time clicking a single key repetitively. Just my thoughts. Not convinced that would wreck the economy : )

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

There are a lot of "big items" that could be crafted while one was offline. Palisades. Clocktowers. But now we're slowing everyone down even more? Or are we, because they are not online doing it?

Alioth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.