Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars

Discussion in 'Player Radio Stations' started by Amber Raine, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Okay, so after a couple hours of getting to tickle the ears of a few of the people in SotA chat My adrenaline got bouncing and my heart started bumping. The music must be heard and i am not sure who i would ask about this but eh, i would like to offer SotA Radio, tickling the ears of all those who care to listen..

Could play our communities music, via MP3, could give announcements via broadcast.. take requests and dedications.. just have a blast..

Is this permissible? Would this be welcomed? and... Who would i talk to?!?

Thanks Guys!!! Party On Wayne!

~Amber Raine~

2. Amber Raine

Well thats why i said could play community music, so yes. Community music being music created by the community for the community kind of thing. It is why i am here asking who i would talk to about allowance to do so, and if it would be a welcome contribution to everyone.

3. stile

stile Avatar

Ive looked into setting something like this up on my site. Also investigated the best tools . Have it in the "possible future project list but iffy..."... Which means I am happy to see someone else investigating it!

Whats your planned platform? Custom url with just player link, website? Etc.

As to question id recomend touching base with Holt Ironfell.

1- Poets circle is making a lot of music, so he can help in appropriate premissions for what can be played

2- website in development will actually allow for the choosing to play songs.

3- he may be interested in working with you on this, either as a shared project or maybe offering you a spot in the circle.

Ill drop him a note about this post to take a look and see if hes interested. Before the weekends out. Ill also publish a news piece on your post so a lot of the non-forum people that may have an interest but otherwise may not see it can get into talks with you.

Ill try to get that all done tnight but no promises.

I think it has a lot of potential as an idea and will help you as much as i can. In this case i think Holt may be the right person to connect to fir this type if project but i cant say for sure if he'd be interested. Ill make sure he knows though!

Time Lord, Krohon, RDouglas and 3 others like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:cool: Hey out there in radio land, this is Casey Kasem comin to you live from high atop the telsa tower of our very own Owls Head Studio! That's right', and what an exciting time we're having here today. I tell ya' my hair is literally standing on end for this next hit single entitled, "There aint no dungeon till R3", by The Developers!:D

I'd give it a listen:)
    ~Time Lord~

5. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I think a SOTA Radio is a great idea. Even if it required individuals to submit their music so you had permission to broadcast.

Friend2 and Time Lord like this.
  6. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

Great idea. It seems like something like this could be a nice way to disseminate information as well as get air-time for the great stuff coming from Poet's Circle. Love the concept AR. If you do get this up and going, I would suggest not only music, but things like guild interviews, community interviews, etc. 15- 20 minute talk show like segments. A get to know your community type of thing where anyone could be interviewed. "Why did you decide to become a Benefactor?" "What made you leave WoW for SotA?" "What is KGB all about anyway?" It could be a complete blast.

Miracle Dragon and Time Lord like this.
  7. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

Best part is, with tesla towers and some of the other little bits of technology that has finally made it's way into New Britannia, I could see early radio technology be in the world.... however... I would think that is up to Richard and Tracy though to confirm if things have reached that point or not...

carlaisle and Time Lord like this.
  8. stile

stile Avatar

When ive been contemplating doing this i was also thinking that long term, if you can get enough people involved to always have a "live DJ" on air, that they could broadcast events that may be going on in game, guild events, spotting of dev's, players asking for help with things... Even advertisement bought with in game currency! I think it has HUGE potential and all thats kept me from doing anything with it is that i also think its a huge project.

That is large enough that whoevers doing it really probably wont want other projects... I like my other projects to much to give them up to focus on just one like this. Hence why its just a question mark on a post it note on my desktop :)

Im more then willing though between now and game day to assist in getting it going.

If you don't have a platform to set it up on, and Holt isnt interested in incorporating it into the Poets Circle, id be willing to host it and help set it up.. I just dont think i could manage/run it.

9. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

Personally having done some radio stuff myself as well as other online media, this would be something I would love to take part in if it ever becomes something we can do....

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  10. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a great idea! But should come from the community, not us. You want us working on a game, not a radio station :D Other games have had community-driven radio stations (Matrix Online, Secret World) that have been pretty awesome.

11. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Wonder if we can get @Lord Viceroy on it? He use to own UO Radio. hehe
    X

12. Amber Raine

As a past ORS (online radio station) owner, i do know the ins and outs of owning a radio station - K-Town radio was actually dedicated to Kremmling, Colorado and many of the people that lived in the REAL town, not only listened to us, but i had hired on as staff, and taught to DJ; was quite fun. I have been a DJ both online and offline since 2001, and after realizing a full potential career in broadcasting, recieved my certificate in 2008. I got my start as a DJ in The Sims Online, by one Stormie Rae, who i shall always thank and remember for introducing me to the ONE thing i have been passionate about, and the last 8 years, since 2006, as a DJ in a world known as Second Life. Since 2011, I have also DJ'd in the community radio station, CIVL - Abbotsford, BC, UFV campus. I would like to address a few comments that popped up while i slept:

1) Live DJ - umm ummm that part was completely obvious and went without say on my part - i do not spin, i DJ. The difference is, a spinning plays music ((which any monkey could do and don't even need a person just the computer)), and a DJ is interactive, talks, takes requests, dedications, keeps up to date on whats going on and yea... the Kasey Casem isn't so far off but well.. i am not him.

2) Holt Ironfell and the Poets Circle - These people would be GREAT contributors and indeed why i mentioned - community music - the poets circle have some of the best talent this side of the asylum and it would be a great honour to have the world hear them (literally, the world hears these broadcasts!)

3) Help - @Lord Viceroy , Help - Sir Stile - Believe me, as pre-mentioned this is not my first rodeo, all the help one can get is never a bad thing. I would even be willing to hand the reigns of this to someone else if it was the needed thing to do. I will confess i am a follower not a leader (umm, subs don't lead.. JS!) But if i get kicked out of my own idea (i am the one who had the balls to bring this up and open it to the community) i'm gonna be kinda highly disappointed..

4) As for broadcast, website, all the rest. I actually, after 3 hours of LIVE Streaming and DJ'ing last night/this morning. I dreamt about it, yep, i even DJ in my sleep. I own my own personal stream so i had not gone as in depth as you mentioned Sir Stile, however, i have in the past created a website for the pre-mentioned radio station "k-town radio", so i know how to go into the advertisement of said, however was not nearly as fan-dangled as your talking, perhaps because my skill in web design is not "that" high, i taught myself everything i know, just not everything others might know =^.^=

I hope i covered everything and did not ramble off track too much. Please note that my idea does not only reflect in game music, community created music/content, but also "real" world music. And yes i do not work for portalarium, and in no way connected to them, however, with that said, even if i were, my music is legit, i have receipts for everything! Probably one of the few Online DJs who actually have years upon years of receipts to show should the authorities come pounding down the door telling you to delete it ;)

Community - Lum said its up to the community... lets hear your voices... we have tesla towers to bring us power, we have - Chyna "Watts" (yea thats my name! :p) - to bring it forward and ask about it, and some awesome awesome talent out there.. Lets do this!

13. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I am totally behind this, Grimm used to have a radio station and I LOVED it. Let me know if I can help out somehow! (I am just not a DJ candidate though >.<)

Time Lord and Amber Raine like this.
  14. Risick

Risick Avatar

Love this idea, I really have no talent to add other than a nice booming voice, but really would love to have this become a thing! Very exciting!

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Turquois

Turquois Avatar

You could sell advertising time slots to guilds etc looking to recruit

Friend2 and Time Lord like this.
  16. Holt

Holt Avatar

I have a lot on my plate, but if all I can do is endorse this project and help give it the attention it deserves, that's what I'll do. I am very much impressed by your initiative, Amber, and if its something you feel you could stick with long term, we'll make it happen somehow. Feel free to get in touch and bounce ideas.

17. stile

stile Avatar

18. Amber Raine

Thank you all, i am so very excited to see this come to life and bring your ears a little more immersion. For those that are interested in listening in while i set things up, your all welcome to .. things are not yet official but still being tweaked but this should not stop you from being a part of it... as the SotA staff is open with the game.. so to i believe i would like to follow suit... so through it all... your input is desired, your questions if you have any, and of course your ears should you care to listen..

http://cp5.digistream.info:14102 - Tune in and let us tickle your ears!

Please note not to put the URL into a web browser, but into a media player such as Winamp or any other media player that allows for live streaming/URL input

19. Amber Raine

If there is one thing i am solid and stick with, it is my dedication to a service i create and provide. And when it comes to Music and Radio.. i am even more behind it. So beyond long term is how long i will be sticking to this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.. looked awesome!! with luck.. that Tesla tower is gonna be ampping up and throwing out the watts ! :D

20. stile

stile Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.