Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

b598 - Ardoris - Zangoff the blacksmith sells "norgard shield" but no shogun regional stuff

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Spoon, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Zangoff Feedback:
    1. Inventory:
      Zangoff has no inventory specific to the Perennial Coast.
      Please remove the "Norgard Heater Shield"
      Please add "Katana" (the same one we can loot from mobs)
      Zangoff's dialog is all about axes, but the only thing in his shop inventory is:
      Hand Axe: 220g
      Great Axe: 350g
      Please add more /or/ better /or/ different axes or make his dialog about swords instead since he sells more blades than anything else.
    2. Decoration:
      Zangoff's dialog is all about axes, but the deco around him is 85% blades including the piece de la resistance with the red banner behind it.
      https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-his-store-with-mostly-everything-else.77549/
      or make his dialog about swords instead since his deco is more blades than anything else.
    3. Crafting:
      There is a big missed opportunity here. If I am crafter dabbling in blacksmithing then it is very frustrating dialog since if I indeed want to talk about crafting axes then Zangoff has no such dialog.
      How much better wouldn't it be if there was some crafting quest here where the player could prove his/her worth when it comes to axes and Zangoff would then teach you a special Axe recipe.

Now if Zangoff had a different backstory there would be no issues with the shop inventory or deco but with the current look & story then this is counter-flavor.

@Puuk
    Just like I'm sure you know, it is the small things like this that adds up, the small things that usually ends up on the back burner, but the dialog should add flavor to the scene and the scene should add flavor to the dialog that is what creates a story.
    I should be able to see from the deco and shop inventory that Zangoff loves axes which would make me talk to him about them and if I do I should be able to learn something about axes or the making of them.

Dartan Obscuro and Hermetic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.