Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Back Stab?

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

actually just bug reported it since it does not appear to be working

2. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I tried to test it but my damage range is huge. 6 stacks of Aim Shot hit from like 168 to 1326.

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Weins201; Brother, here is some feedback from someone who makes a living killing things from behind. I have only seen a minor increase when hitting them from behind with thrust and that may not be backstab related since I raised blades spec to 80 along with tactics. I have yet seen one crit from sneak attack since release and I always start out with body slam, sneak attack and thrust, so my initial burst is from behind. IMHO the backstab skill GM juice was not worth the squeeze. In addition, I have had Obsidian bears parry my thrust/offhand attack so though not as blatant as two releases ago it is still not completely fixed.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

hence why I bug reported it and let them actually take a hard look at the numbers since you and I have no chance of testing.

5. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

dude, didn't you see?

"YES!!"

nuff said. Thou I certainly can't confirm it. If a skill isn't noticeable without a stats degree from 1 to 100 is it really even a skill? I still get behind stuff and get all excited to unleash the flurry(rapid fire) and then its WOMP Womp wommmmmm....what used to be a rain of death has fallen pretty far back to earth.

Elevation still seems to be the bomb thou. Shouldn't behind someone be as good(or better) than a little bit higher?

Weins201, Boris Mondragon and kl4nk like this.
  6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I had three 10 shot Rapid Fires to the back in a row without a crit. It was so sad.

7. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

NOTHING about being behind affects crits as far as I know.

the way to explain the horribleness is something like this:

You are already doing 250%(totally made up number) of the bows damage so with backstab you do 250 + 20 = 270% (at 80). so hits that were 10 scaled to 25 are now 10 scaled to 27 which is underwhelming and won't stand out much. I don't know the math but the only hits that I feel like do damage on an archer are the crits which can be enormous but are few and far between. Having them Enormouser and still few and far between isn't really a huge glass of of juice for the squeeze. And I feel like port is between a rock and a hard place. If they up the crit rates on Archers significantly they'll be single target wrecking balls.

Did Chris really mean dex affects archers at the rate of 4 per 1% crit(dex/400)? I was assuming it was 10. I might have to rethink how much dex I'm stacking if its gonna pay back at that rate.

Weins201 likes this.
  8. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Back shots added crit chance in the past. Now it's just sad. I usually run 170ish to 190 dex and crit chance is super low.

9. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

[QUOTE="I usually run 170ish to 190 dex and crit chance is super low.[/QUOTE]

Care to hazard a guess to what low is? I'm around 18% with dex at 100. I find it hard to believe if I add 40 more dex I'm gonna be at 28% or 80 to be at 38%(yikes).

Wish chris would stop the tech talks and just document on a wiki so we can star at it instead of having to listen to hours of explanation every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.