Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Backpack and contents size

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Sir_Hemlock, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Contents of back pack i.e. 'potions', 'books' are GIGANTIC.

But I think they should be smaller...

KuBaTRiZeS and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Here are some ideas for improvements of the backpack:

1. The backpack and the sacks should be bigger
    2. There should be an auto-sort function along some invisible grid
    3. Stacked items should display directly how many of those items are stacked
    4. Size of items should be fitting. As Sir_Hemlock says a potion is gigantic whereas a bow is tiny...

Sunswords, bonetruck, Budner and 2 others like this.
  3. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Great ideas Lord_Darkmoon. 100% agree with all of those.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree with the note on potions.

But at the same time, so things are tiny. I have trouble seeing grabbing things that are very thin. Also, some items like arrows can be nearly invisible.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Armor is relatively small too.. and gems are huge... corpse wax is even huger... I think items should be as big as they would appear on the paperdoll.

Bags could be of different sizes visually depending on the size of the bag. So a large bag would have a large amount of space visually, while a small one would have a small amount of space visually. Come the final game, though, we won't be able to fit as much large junk in a bag, so it might not matter if its a small space relative to the largest size items. Not sure it even makes sense to put several suits of armor in a backpack, let alone one, personally. Some items we might just want to put in our free slots.. I support expanding the functionality of the free slot system.

And stacks need to visually show as stacks, not as single items.

6. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, the item sizes are all over the place. There's no consistency at all. Hope they do a polish pass on this at some point.

Sunswords and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. fyrhuf

fyrhuf Avatar

Im curious as to why items sorted into different bags still appear in the main inventory list. if i have molds in one bag yet it still appears before the word "small bag" in my inventory list then i dont see the need to have bags. i recall in UO when items were sorted into different bags they would not appear in the main inventory bag. i would also maybe like to put a bag in my slots.

8. smack

smack Avatar

Currently the list inventory mode shows all items from all your bags in one big list. There's no way to filter on individual bags in list mode, but at least you have category tabs, which is how most of us sort items in bags based on use type. But for now you'll need to switch go bag mode if you want visual separation.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The first screen that opens up in list view is 'your inventory'. To me this implies everything, which is what you get. You can open individual bags and they can have their own list view. If I remember correctly there was a containers tab that would show you the individual containers. Then you could pick one from the list. But now you'll have to filter for the bag you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.