Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bacon recipe is ridiculously uneconomic to make

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Widsith [MGT], Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Side dish, sometimes shortened to sides, would be appropriate. A garnish is usually something primarily included as decoration. The more you know! :)

CatweazleX likes this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well, its 'better' but, I still can't really see anyone making this to eat. It will go the way of the bark bread and fish stew type stuff. For nearly the same material cost you can make 2 hour food that adds health/focus/regen and a stat. I never see anyone using anything 'less' than that, and even though at one time I tried to keep a bistro vendor stocked with every sort of food, nobody bought anything under 2 hour duration - ever. And why would you, when you can eat a much better food for same cost? I'm ok with there being simple fish dishes that are 'crappy' for the sake of variety, but over half of the cooked foods nobody bothers with. There's also a significant lack of intelligence food - there's only +1 from coleslaw or a food that requires a phoenix talon....not really reasonable. I'd suggest picking some of the more complex/expensive recipes that use a lot of pre-combines (time) and/or ingredients (money) and make some +3 and +5 int food out of them for the sake of balance. You could also just have straight up health/focus food too, if you need more choices. Or howabout a learning food since we now have a learning potion and a learning blessing? Its another potential effect. Or some gathering bonus foods that add speed or something instead of a stat. At the moment, its all bear/wolf/venison surprise, dragon stew, and occasionally some of the +3 str / +3 dex options. Never anything else. I see no reason whatsoever to make bacon even with the adjusted cost, nobody's going to buy it / use it for the cost it takes to make, even with the reduced cost, 'cause its not that good, and it requires multiple steps.

Chopping carcass
    Making cooking oil (cost of pecan nuts + jar)
    Salting pork (cost of salt)
    Making bacon

There's simply far, far better options.

majoria70 and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.