Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bad performance

Discussion in 'Release 29 Dev+' started by 2112Starman, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

So I had a lot of time to analyze how my client performs and have some things I've noticed that I hope helps. I posted another thread yesterday abut how the zone I was in crashed around 100 times in the `8 hours I was grinding in it. Im not totally sure if this issue is a root cause.

So this behavior seems to change with different daily patchs as if you guys are flipping a switch between them.

Yesterday I was standing in a zone that had a lot of ground brush. I have graphics on high and Im watching the tall grass sway back and forth, left to right. At each swing... left to right the game would stun. so the grass swings right hits its apex.... stun and then it swings all the way right and the stun... continue forever.

Now, I see it out killing things now all the time. The worst thing it does is at times Im running along, the screen clearly stuns for a mili-second and all a sudden my char is completely turned around and facing strait up to the sky.

This issue can cause me grief say going down the stairs in the Epiteph and finding myself running off the stairs after a stun.

I would see this bad in R28 when I would be walking (with mouse, not "w" key)) in my lot and all a sudden my mouse would switch to trying to pick up the paver on the ground.

This actually happens often. This is of course not my PC or I would experience such things in other games (like Tomb Raider which runs flawlessly at its top graphics).

Its really odd because I have actually seen this issue go away after a patch only to come back (daily patch).

Being in the IT world myself for 25 years it feels like its like an exchange server set to absolutely log everything while a backup is being done on the back end and its stunning the system due to it... Which may be what you guys are doing.

Win10
    Skylake 4.0 ghz
    32 gigs DDR4 RAM
    Samsung Pro x4 m.2 32gb/sec ssd
    GTX-980

No overclocking and such.

My PC specs themselves may bring out issues like this that older systems may not. The drive I have writes at 110K IOPS with is fundamentally faster then any normal drives out there including generic home SSD's.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Bow Vale and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  2. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.