Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Balancing - Nerfs - Buffs - Skills

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Every release there are players who get "Nerfed", this is a result of "fixes" being applied because we are still in development.

A lot of the "Nerfs" are viable fixes directed at some imbalance. Do you really believe it was intended that more than one player could stand in a spot and multiply their DOTs with another player?? Really?

B U T

Also just about every release there are changes made that do NOTHING but reward those who are on the Right side of the Bell Curve and totally destroy the middle and left side . . .

The changes to "Stacking (Charging)" of Buffs is a perfect example.

Now this was the Cause that needed to be fixed - some players just stack Buffs up and basically become destructive monsters or Invunerable. This was a result of being bale to train way to many skills and the "Soft Cap" completely failing. Another issues all by itself.

[​IMG]

The fix was to make some of them not stack with each other - sure OK, but the other adjustment resulted in making the training of skills up to a level where you could stack(charge) to level 5 completely pointless. No more power, No more Duration, just a focus reduction for stacking and it has the exact same effect as a single stack or 5 stack skills / spell

Now players like above who do not care less about it because the pre cast, just like I do below, BUT the fix was for this exact problem to many used Buffs, NOT how long they lasted.

[​IMG]

So now a player who can only use these few bufs have lost ANY edge from actually training the skills.

Sorry but the fixes that are implemented need to focus on the PROBLEM and ALSO affect the reason for the "Fix" not just a hap hazard swing and hope it works.

I.E. There should only be able to Buff ONE skill buffed to full potential. Str, Dex, O R Int. Not all three.

Now sure you can buff all three but if you buff 2 then you can only doo so to 1/2 their potential - 3 = 1/3

This can work with each and EVERY skill.

TRUE the Power player will still have the choice and variety to use all they have trained but NOT all at once.

This was the reason for a needed fix in the first place NOT just the duration.

Please stop "Fixing" things and as a result breaking more . . . One step forward 2 back results in going backwards - as it stand now might as well just turn around and walk backwards as you are moving that way faster.

There have been way to many posting from middle level players addressing issues just like this that are marginalized / Ignored.

Tracking Results I will not reply here I am just going to keep a simple count -

Agree ;
    # to follow
    % of these who substantiate with support​
    Disaree ;
    # to follow
    % of these who substantiate with support​
    Bashers ;
    # to follow
    Replies reported​

Hornpipe likes this.
  2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

This is my problem with the current setup. In theory, the duration for many spells has been gutted pretty badly. The problem is with enough attunement those durations are right back to being pretty long again. More-so talking about the shield spells because there's not a terrible difference between 30 minutes and an hour, but there's a huge fking difference between 2 minutes and 5.

So now what I'm forced to do if I want a usable douse/shield/etc. variety of spell is I now have to fully devote millions and millions of experience (and gain said decay) spread across a whole bunch of skills I never plan to use just because I *need* a spell's duration to increase ever so marginally per each attunement point I gain. I can totally understand taking down the increasing numerical benefits from stacking, but killing the added duration really just makes these skills that much more difficult to use and beneficial to the "have's" vs "have not's".

To comment on the 3 stat buffs... They would have to change how combat works entirely to justify only allowing you to use one without a further price. Mages would be just fine with Int, Archers more or less with just Dex with how bad their strength scaling is, but melee would get the shaft yet again. Melee need strength for damage and dex to actually hit stuff. There's no compelling reason except "you think it should be so" why we can't use all three stat buffs at once like we do now. There's no reason they should be mutually exclusive or suffer power reductions for using more than one. Shield spells, for example, make sense that you can only have one active "shielding" you at a given time. There's no such logic to be found here.

Mishikal and Hornpipe like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I
    T
    Y
    S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.