Balec & The Cryptics present...Spy Hunter!

Discussion in 'Guild & Town Hall' started by Balec Fares deCani, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Welcome to the premier performance of Balec & the Crypical Enlightenment Travelling Show and Revue (aka The Cryptics for short).

We hope you enjoy....Spy Hunter!

Tune in and turn it up!

Produced, arranged and directed by:
    Balec deCani

Starring the musical and theatrical talents of:
    Slage McScorne
    Frostra Endiki as "The Spy"
    Star Katana
    Leos Sunweaver

Selene Noctua

With help from our friends:
    Archaon Avenguard
    Net
    Sindariya Tyelma
    Essex

@Eniko: This one's for you. Cheers!

@dallas, @DarkStarr: Feature request - Cinematic camera

2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Cool!

You are welcome to enter as a group into the Halloween music competition! We are looking for original pieces by the community. Prizes will be given out per entry though, so you feel free to enter solo too.

3. Caveloot.com Owner

Caveloot.com Owner Avatar

4. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

5. Selene

Selene Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Ha! Great to see the final product. Awesome job, everyone.

6. Guido DeVille

Guido DeVille Avatar

7. Archaon [OWL]

Archaon [OWL] Avatar

Love it! well done Balec and The Cryptics.

8. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Some fun trivia I thought I would share:

The entire video was shot with the UI turned off. That's hard! ...hmmm, am I in the chat box or not???

We wanted to shoot this video in the rain, but missed Monday (when it rains) by one hour when we could get together.

Slage and I spent a lot of time studying the behavior of the rabbits to be able to capture one in the early scene with the 2 bards and Balec looking around. If one person has the rabbit's attention, another can sneak up behind them without them scurrying away. Only one person can have a rabbit's attention at a time.

Poor Leos had to herd the rabbits into position before every take. *shakes head* Sorry Leos!

The rabbit "nervous" animation is very similar to, and in sync with, my avatar's "nervous" animation. Link.

The rabbits are very well camouflaged in the tall grass! It's hard to spot them while running towards them and it's hard to see them with a close-up camera through the tall grass.

No I'm not obsessed with rabbits :p, it was just a lot of attention for a small detail.

Invisible + Invisible = Visible. We had to be careful not to have two invisible people be in line with the camera. Wearing plate boots while invisible yields an invisible cat pet and there is some strange invisible artifact at 0:29 in the video that I need to investigate the source and report.

Opening the chest makes you visible for yourself, but not others. You need to attack to become visible to others.

Dismissing light makes it go away for yourself but not others. We had to be careful not to have the actors cast light or we'd have to wait it out for 5 minutes before the next take.

The 2 musicians appear out of nowhere and take their positions in sync with Balec. Link.

The spy gets interested in the song and dances until the end where he vanishes again.

The spy is running around inside the house while the band is taking a bow.

It took over 4-6 hours to arrange the different parts for the 2 songs. The source conversions I found had all the instruments in a single track which I had to separate out note by note, as well as adjust the parts and instrument voices.

During the Spy Hunter song in the video, the different instruments take turns to highlight the different sounds from the different parts and instruments

When a party is playing a song...the full song doesn't come from each party member...only their own piece, allowing for separation of the voices. If the players are far enough apart you can't hear the other part(s) at all!

It gets dark fast in Solania!

The actors are from different time zones spanning 2,6 and 16 hours apart...it wasn't even the same day for all of us.

One of the hardest scenes technically was when the spy is confronted. Balec crouches invisible, the Spy becomes uninvisible and opens the chest, Balec stands and equips his weapon and attacks, the Spy closes the chest, turns around and shakes his fist, to which Balec nods, puts away his weapon, gets into walk mode and turns to walk to the piano...all in about 10 seconds! Link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.