Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Banditry is a hard life

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Elwyn, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I just now got pulled into one of those Perennial Coast bandit encounter scenes.

And you know what? It must be a hard life being a bandit, because they were guarding a chest containing two spider silks. The other times I've been there it is usually often a single (1) (one) reagent.

These guys usually have at least 10 gold in their pockets, so what are they doing loafing around guarding a rotting box with two spider silks inside?!?! I mean, the box is worth more than the contents!

Or maybe I'm wrong, and it's actually a cushy job where you get to sleep on boulders and shoot the bull with your mates all the time.
    And then some cocky outlander comes around and shoots you in the knee.

tl;dr: Treasure chests have some pretty poor loot.

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

3. agra

agra Avatar

In an earlier release, people were camping that chest in an exploitive fashion. As a result, it's contents were reduced in value to meaningless, and scene temporal persistence was increased.

4EverLost likes this.
  4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

It's still a bit rng oriented. Sometimes I find more stuff in there but more often than not what you describe.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

And then they expressed surprise that it was a multi-player instance because apparently they had always intended for it to be single player/party.

Actually I think this is really due to a general nerfing of the contents of treasure chests and sacks/furniture in scenes that happened two or three releases ago. These days even the loot room of Tower of Shuttered Eye usually has one completely empty sack.

6. agra

agra Avatar

Yeah, it's unfortunate when a "treasure chest" has less loot in it than a single bandit, skeleton, or other humanoid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.