Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Banish Undead enchantment

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Horance, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horance

Horance Avatar

I've noticed that since R34, the Banish Undead effect on weapons was reduced from 100% to 10% of hits.
    Previously, this effect didn't work properly, but now, at 10% it doesn't seem worth applying this enchant anymore.

Considering approximately 10% of enemies are undeads, this mean that the Banish Undead effect would be cast only 1% of times.

Why would anyone enchant his weapon with the Banish Undead effect, while they could use enchant it with Earthquake, Drain Life, Ignite or Lightning, which are efficient on 100% of enemies (with few exceptions), so the effect
    will be cast 10% of times.

Typically, Earthquake is as efficient as Banish Undead on skeletons, but can be used on any enemy, except Earth Elementals, while Banish Undead can only be used against undeads.

It made sense for Banish Undead to be cast on 100% of hits, because it implies 100% of 10% of enemies, while the other enchants implies 10% of all enemies (with few exceptions).

I think we really need something that could make the Banish Undead enchantment worth using.

2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Maybe putting the effect a bit stronger than earthquake then. I don't see any reason to keep it 100%, since you can carry more than 1 weapon in your bag. I always saw this as a bug.

I carry 3: lightning, fire and life swords.

3. Horance

Horance Avatar

It would be very nice if the amount of damage done by the Banish Undead enchant could be related to your life attunement or level in Banish Undead spell.

4. Net

Net Avatar

I think the main issue here is that Banish Undead is very weak skill for what it is supposed to do.

It works only agaisnt undead, that is huuuuge limitation, it makes it useless in a lot of places and situations. It should really shine when you come across undead. It is masked Searing ray that works only on undead with prettier effect. With the visualisation I would expect it at the very least to be AoE with big range with caster at its center. That would fix both the skill and the enchant.

As for the efectiveness of the enchant, I think that should be related to the life attunement and level of skill of person making the enchant at that time. Maybe the enchanters attunement should be multiplied by enchant level divided by 100, making it 100% effective at level 100 and slightly better as he gets better at enchanting or worse if he is not very good at it. But that is for another topic how to make enchanting skill better:)

5. Horance

Horance Avatar

Yes, I agree that the Banish Undead spell should be AoE, as the graphic effect suggests. Currently it's very limited becauses it only affects a single enemy.

I think the damage of the enchant should also be related to the life attunement. Currently with the Banish Undead spell (level 58), I can do 102 damage, while the Banish Undead enchant does only 19 damage (with a +5% Banish Undead Damage ring).

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Doesn't soothing rain + banish undead create AOE banish undead?

7. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I agree, I thought that was the whole point of 100% chance on hit because Banish Undead only works against undead unlike most other enchantments that work against almost all other creatures. Even at 100% chance it was a pretty weak enchantment and only affected a single target, which was very disappointing. :(

lollie likes this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

they do but you cannot put that one on the weapon. And what is special about Cleansing rain combo is not Aoe effeect, but that it is heal/damage over time. That is really great and powerrful, but it does not make banish undead itself that much good.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.