Bank Deliveries and Shipping

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Morhir (IronFist Warhamm, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morhir (IronFist Warhamm

Morhir (IronFist Warhamm Avatar

I really like the banking system where if you leave something at one bank you have to return to the same bank to get it. That makes total sense. However, it would be nice to get some things from one bank to another at times (perhaps to stock a vendor in another town). Could a system be created where you can have an in game character pick up and deliver your items, for a price of course? The price could be set by the person wanting to ship, too cheap and nobody would take the job, or it could be for a percentage of the items value. If the character picks up a package and fails to deliver it, it will return to the sending character in 2-3 days (so there is some risk of not accessing these items for a time period). It could work similar to the mail delivery system that is now in place.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

That already works using the Postal/mail system.

In the bank buildings there is a small-ish Mail Box, click on that and send a package to yourself, drag whatever you want to move to the next bank into the package.
    It costs 5g+10g/weight. (Max 10 stacks per mail).

Then at the next bank you hit the mail box again and collect the postal package.

I use this all the time when stocking vendors etc.

Which means that a system using players couldn't possibly compete with that.

3. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

I like the idea. Many other things to work on first but I'd like to see this in the hopper.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

if it is just carrying items from one place to another you can already do that in the marketplace - just advertise that you are willing to pay $$ for someone to deliver something from Place to another.

There is the mailboxes that can already be used and bulletin boards to advertise.

No real need to a different in game mechanic.

Now if you really are looking to have stuff move let me know look for me in game. Grumpie Weinine

I would be happy to go somewhere you want and you can mail me items and ill wait until you arrive to me and ill transfer back.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

None of our replies filled the need @Morhir is talking about, although I do like your system @Spoon, brilliant!

But what @Morhir is asking is for the goods he left in Aerie, for example, to be shipped to Kingsport so he doesn't need to go get them.

Not a bad idea, and a potential gold sink for the game.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hmmm well he can click on his mail in any town bank or another lot he has a mail box on so it works that way or am I missing your point? ;)

Weins201 likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Except you wouldn't have it sent to Kingsport, just mailed to yourself. So remote remote bank to mail functionality basically.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Unless I'm missing the point, which is possible. Maybe OP is talking about being there at the bank the package is leaving, if so then I missed the point. I thought it was "I've got a thing far away, send it to me." In which case the current system doesn't handle that, even with other players hauling, because you would have to go there to get the item and now you can just haul it yourself.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol well I could be missing something but I do try not to ;) . It is more steps to go to a bank take something and put it in your inventory then click the mail to send to yourself to pick up at another location.

I'm sure it helps with encumbrance but it could be costly and tedius to say the least to do it that way and then after all that you have to put it back into a different bank if that is what you plan for the item.

There are other ways to move things too like get cooperation from another player and teleport back and fourth to them. I have done this for someone. Now with rental system really no one needs to depend on their bank as much.

Many of us have inns we are happy to help other players who need rooms and with no to low costs to the player and they can put down lots of chests to store things in their rooms never needing the bank.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot
    Yes I think that @Morhir 's idea is better than what we got.
    Especially since it includes not just sending but also fetching.

...and adds to the player to player market.

However, since the devs implemented the mail as they did one can't really compete for price on that. The mail system is too cheap and effective.
    Which is a bit strange and sad.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I posted about that earlier, it's the wight that throws things out of whack. Once they do a weight pass, the bigger stuff will become more realistically expensive to ship.

Plate should weigh at least 100 lbs. if it is to be accurate. So that would then take 1000g to ship. (Side benefit, players would want to level their strength before switching to plate.)

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.