Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bank is Withdraw-Only (No Deposit)

Discussion in 'Release 27 Dev+' started by Womby, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

2/25/2016 1:03 PM
    Title: Bank is Withdraw-Only (No Deposit)
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: See below
    Steps to Reproduce: Buy lots of stuff from the add-on store.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16329
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN GPU RAM: 6042
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.329.Date.02.22.16
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template
    Loc: (424.9, 77.0, -331.3)

After each wipe I start the game with a "withdraw only" bank account. I cannot use it to store anything, because it starts filled between one and two hundred slots beyond its maximum capacity. Why? Because I have generously backed the game through the add-on store with items like the following:

[​IMG]

In my case I would have to purchase between one and two hundred extra bank slots (can't recall the exact number, but its a lot) just to have none available, but at least no longer be in the red.

This will be a problem during lot selection. After the wipe, because I can't use the bank, I'll have to rely on my inventory for storage. That will rapidly render fast travel impossible, since I'll very quickly become encumbered. In fact there would be no point at all in playing the game until my lot selection turn comes around, but since that means I will not have had the opportunity to level up, I will then be at a serious disadvantage even getting to the location of my preferred lot. Others who have not made so many add-on store purchases will be able to use bank slots, and spend that first week leveling up so that they can, for example, get through control points.

This appears to be a bug. Surely you should not count slots occupied by or weight added by add-on store purchases, at least until they have been withdrawn from the bank at least once.

Acred likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a known issue that has been submitted for review. Thanks for reporting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.