Bank Slot Price Increase?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by DodgeRaider, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DodgeRaider

DodgeRaider Avatar

I want to buy another 10 bank slots from my banker, but the cost is 500 gold for 10 slots. I thought the going rate was 100 gold for 10 slots. Was this price increased recently, or is it a bug? (Note: My other 2 accounts still list 100 gold as the price for the slots.)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

You can also purchase them for $5 in the store. I personally think its a better deal. It is listed in the other tab.

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

the cost of bank slots in-game increases as you upgrade it... increasing my bank slots will now cost me 2000 gold... as suggested you can buy 100 bank slots for only $5 from the add-on store...

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The gold price is on an exponential curve, rounded to the closest 100g.

So the first couple of times it costs 100g per 10 slots, then 200g per 10 slots, then I think it jumps to 500g per 10 slots and so on.
    So the more slots you purchase the more expensive they will get.

Now like the others mentioned above you can buy 100 slots for $5 in the store.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085&open=bank_upgrade__digital_
    That however would only be worth it waaaay down the line and only if you really need that many extra slots.

Another way to get more slots (which is much more expensive) would be with a bundle upgrade. But thought I'd mention it for the sake of completion.

Roycestein Kaelstrom, Leelu and Numa like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And it is good timing if you spend $5 during the upcoming telethon you will get the stretch goal items/rewards from the telethon, so heads up. ;)

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And also would you like to place a chest or so some place. I would happily allow you a free room in our residents lot in Wizards rest. I have No reason other than assisting another player. I'm Majoria in game if I can help.

7. DodgeRaider

DodgeRaider Avatar

Thank you, everyone, for your help with this! I have upgraded to 10 more bank slots a few times (I have 120 slots total right now), so I was surprised when I saw the price jump up to 500 gold.

I think I may buy the 100 slots for $5 option during the telethon and get a lot of "free" stuff to go along with it -- and take up some of those valuable bank slots I just bought! Oh no! LOL I think I see Portalarium's nefarious plan to break us by giving us really cool stuff on a regular basis. Monsters!!

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And is there a reason you are buying all those bank slots? That's why I offered you a chest to help with that. I use my bank only occasionally, well now I have to put containers that won't go in containers in there like the yule stockings which I crafted a million of ;). lol

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Before you pay real money for increasing the bank through add-on store, I would consider maybe saving up $30-$45 and buy a POT row lot deed. You can store many more stuff in your house and a place to call home. There are many POT governors that will be more than happy to get more people to join their towns right now (more people to play with, making town lively, boost blessing effectiveness, etc).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.