Banned from Universal for liking pvp and not apoligizing for it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raistlin77, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I thought salty meant angry? And calling out a group of people that way jsut seemed angry, so i assumed angry >.>

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  2. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

Yes I was wrongly banned and Im sorry for not following these very vauge rules on what can and cant be said. My I please have my orb back? Maybe you could pass the word on that if I did anything truly my bad, I didnt know we couldnt say the C word :D

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im surprised we havent been silenced on discord yet :p

4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Players have no way to ban people from universe chat or take away their orbs.

Alleine Dragonfyre and FrostII like this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Probly just have to PM a dev to get it back, if you didnt already. Tho it is annoying to have to ask.

But lots of things are annoying, lol

6. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

maybe i have the definition wrong but I always take it to mean, angry but snarky and sarcastic

Let me clear that up. None of my words were anything that could be contstrude even by a stretch as angry or hostie. If its against the tos to be sarcasticly funny,,,, thats what I was goin for

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Well crap i dunno then.

But the banning from town was us, and it was jsut to prevent the parade from being screwed with. THose bans got lifted as soon as the parade was over. The initial PvP that was happening before hand was not a problem

8. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

Here let me do this. Orb or no Orb If I made anyones game experince less than great today, I didnt mean to and I am truly sorry.

Also I tend to get carried away in forum discussions so if I come off as anything more than severely annoyed Im really sorry for that . No bad vibes were intentional. I Like this game and I like you guys enough to grovel even though I dont feel I commited any crime. Ok now give me my orb :D

kaeshiva and Vero like this.
  9. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Just shows this game needs more collision mechanics.

A float should be capable of dealing with any avatar size obstructions.

10. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

@Raistlin77 you really should stop apologizing ) You not did anything wrong - all of us were there for a reason before being banned - i know more than half hundred pvp players were ready to parteipate but they were discouraged by the behavior of those who hosted the event ((

If a player says CARE BEAR and get banned also if a player says GRIEFER have to be banned

11. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

no man its just that that word does have a more negative meaning than i thought, Ive been looking at the history

Like I was saying, I was gonna make an alt and call him Ca@ebear extrordinare. but it has been used badly. I guess I will call him devoted Mammalia Carnivora :D

My issue isnt with the event at this point, its that that I got singled out, devoted mammalia Carnivora have always been teachers pet, but they were being rude and they got to keep on goin. HOWEVER, I came to a realization that that word has been used in the past to bully people so If I inadvertantly made someones gameplay bad, I will correct it

I dont want to take on the devs either but that was a hokey reason to take an orb, Im not backin down on that I want to talk to someone, Im back on the forums because I cant get a dev in

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok.... three ?
    JK ;)

13. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

I find that insulting you should have your orb taken, I will forgive you for a mere 3 crowns. Poetic justice

FrostII likes this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Sorry your orb got taken, I dont know the full story on that, so I cant say where I stand on that without knowing both sides. As for the people who did have the intention of disrupting this event, those are the people to blame, they are the cause of all this. If no one was trying to disrupt the event, none of this would have happened.

15. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

So @Mac2 are you saying that he was banned from universal chat cause pvpers went to the event to fight each other? ))
    would you like to make this seem right --- or just tryng to throw **** on some players for free?
    The story that the cause of his ban by the universal chat was players that have made pvp at the event is a serious matter --- are you sure on what you say??
    Maybe it was just to give air to your mouth or want to press buttons on the keyboard )))

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Did I say anything about pvpers? No, cuz it was not pvp that disrupted the event, if you read what I said, the people with the intention of disrupting the event. If you went there to disrupt the event, then you are to blame. If you went there just to pvp and not to disrupt the event, then you are fine and not part of the cause. I was almost there with you just to pvp, not to disrupt.

17. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

So you still mark the fact that he was banned from universal chat cause some players """distrupt""" the event @Mac2 ? )))

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If no one disrupted the event, no one would have been banned or had orbs taken away, there would have been no drama. Its a world of cause and effect, take away the cause, no effect get it?

Jaesun, Elwyn, CatherineRose and 5 others like this.
  19. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

How can you say that he would not have said the same in universal @Mac2 ? ))
    Or do you still try to say that since something happened to the event then he was banned or --- if nothing had happened at the event he would not have been banned despite saying CARE BEAR

20. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I had no part in planning or running the event, but I did attend it and see players on the roads and I saw multiple people typing in Italian and English to clear the roads for about 10-15 minutes both prior to the event and also during it. The same names kept entering the road. Eventually they were warned they would be banned if they stayed on the road. I could pull my chatlog but that's too much work.

It was kinda spammy with lots of messages, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a false negative where the wrong name was pulled from combat log but pvp at events is great, they just couldn't move the floats with people standing in the way on the road and it was disruptive. I did see some players calling out for other players to come and I was chatting on Universal at the time.

There were a few players worked up on both sides - some players were trying to cause trouble and some were just having fun with the fighting, but just as pvp players can choose to pvp anywhere within the game mechanics, a governor or lot owner can choose to ban anyone with their mechanics.

The Universal Chat was worse than the actual interaction was (I think the lot bans were for at most 20 minutes because the parade, which was pretty inventive, ended - at which point the bans were lifted and the mardi gras party began, I didn't stay for that part). Universal Chat was a sad sad place. Some players were claiming they didn't see warnings to leave the road, some kept saying they were not aware of any rules and it wasn't "fair" that devs were attending a player event where the player could ban them.

At a certain point Darkstarr said (paraphrasing) to stop polluting Universal Chat or face a temp ban. I stopped talking on Universal Chat at about that point and would have anyways without Darkstarr's warning realizing that everyone just wanted to say what they wanted to say but nobody was absorbing anything.

@Raistlin77 If you truly lost your orb and it wasn't just a temp-ban tell me the COTO cost of an orb and I'll happily send them your way. I did see Darkstarr telling people to drop the issue on Universal Chat or they'd start getting temp bans, you may not have been the only person who kept talking and got caught up in it. And if you used a word like ******** which is used as a pejorative then I'm not surprised you were one of the ones swept up.

I can understand how players with combat logs may have missed some of the requests to clear the road - but the requests were repeatedly given and while some people may have had their local chat off, I doubt all of them did. Or couldn't read the crocodiles s on the road that said keep off the road. Or that didn't notice the event was moving along the road and they were in the way. But the event, and the controversy afterwards, was all quite entertaining and I love seeing a scene over 100 players in it, and the passionate responses of the players... it made for a lively afternoon.

Jaesun, Elwyn, CatherineRose and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.