Banned from Universal for liking pvp and not apoligizing for it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raistlin77, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

No that's a fair point but it would have been interesting and fun to maybe have had the bad guys driven off by bouncers you had at the event. I don't PvP anymore so I guess I am just thinking back to events I attended in UO.

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm very calm. Amused, almost. You're right, most of the fight was outside over the hill, and nobody was banned for -fighting- in fact, it went on for quite some time prior to the parade portion and there was no problem at all. The problem occurred when the people who were trying to move the floats could not do so because people were standing in the road. The names of people in the way were provided so that we could use lot permissions to move them out of the way, since they were not moving on their own despite being asked repeatedly to do so.

I have no particular aggression toward you, but you seem to be deliberately trying to make this into something that it isn't. This was about people who came to an event with the sole purpose to disrupt it (BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION) who were stopped from disrupting it using the ban tool, and who then complained about being banned and have tried to twist this into some sort of "innocent pvpers being victimized" thing. This was never the case. We just didn't want people, PvP or otherwise, standing on a one-roadway-paver-thick stretch of road. The entire rest of the lot, or town surrounding it, was fine, and the people who respected that had no issue. If there was an inadvertent mis-fire (as many people were providing names of "in the way" folks) I have already apologized for that - and the bans were lifted after a small window of time regardless.

Elwyn and calkano (PAX) like this.
  3. Katu

Katu Avatar

Nice, this is quality trolling. Typical defence routine, when you are full of rage yourself. I bet you are giggling there, for that awesome "comeback".

However, I soo multiple players standing middle of the road, casting ring of fire, meteors and using puke emote, basically doing anything they can, to draw attention to them ( maybe cos none hugged them as a child?) .
    Way more than 3.

Elwyn, Boris Mondragon, Mac2 and 2 others like this.
  4. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

And this brings us back to the starting point @kaeshiva - a couple of players were in the road and something like 9-10 players were banned - think that I was not even flagged but I was present ))
    there were 3 players on the road at the time of the parade - one of them was stucked on a paver - most important, nobody knew about the parade or what the word float meant )
    I strongly doubt that during a fight people have their eyes focused on the local and zone chat - I got to ask these people and none of them received a pm - do you want to try to deny this too?
    as I said before, well played, the parade was just the good excuse at the right time.

At the next comment like that i will be forced to report you

Katu likes this.
  5. Caernarvon

Caernarvon Avatar

Firstly, well done to all involved on putting on and hosting such a great event, some work and planning had clearly gone into it, I personally had an enjoyable evening.

Secondly, without having read through this thread just yet, I just wanted to add FWIW, and I'm sure I probably wasn't alone here, that when I zoned in and made my way to the castle lot where the parade was taking place, I found myself stuck on the parade road area waiting for all the deco's to load before I could get off the road and stand to one side, I think the parade was just getting going at this point. Still not quite sure how my pre-historic PC didn't explode during the evenings proceedings, quite the spectacle, and lots of attention to detail everywhere. I'm honestly blown away by this game sometimes.

Boris Mondragon and kaeshiva like this.
  6. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

finally someone who understands

7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I don't think there was ever a time in human history - medieval or otherwise - nor many fantasy settings where/when the local authorities witnessed socially disruptive behavior and just chocked it up to unbridled personal freedom.

Would it have been better if all the kings horses and all the kings men rode down the offenders and clapped them in irons? Sure. But there's no emote for that.

Neither strong language nor threat of violence could have removed them, so temporarily removing disruptive people was the best and only option available.

8. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I never stated otherwise. Just that it's a shame it couldn't have been handled differently in game rather than just using an admin tool. I've mentioned in a couple of other posts how it could have played out in a more fun way.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Fair enough, but how could the bouncers run them off? Erupting into a pvp battle wouldn't have cleared the way. And if people who were intent on disrupting the parade, they would simply decline a duel from a bouncer.

The only tool available to remove uncooperative people is temporary banishment.

10. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Sure it would have required co-operation. I don't know if the disrupters were PvP flagged but if so it may have been more fun to try another way first but yeah as you say, if everyone is not on board it wouldn't work. It just seems a shame as it sounded like the perfect opportunity to role-play the s**t out of the situation.

Maybe a tool for the POT owner to flag people PvP and when they are defeated they are then removed from the POT. That could lead to some fun events.

11. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

As a former UO player, you must know that greifers aren't in it for the RP any more than a streaker on a football pitch is doing it to improve the quality of the sportsmanship.

I would like to believe that there could be a better way, but, like meeting a kill stealing wanker in Trammel, the only solution is for someone to be removed.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It wouldnt have been fun for the folks who were hosting the event tho, only for those guys protesting it (and being limited on time didnt help either). Plus with infinite resurections its the most likely they would have just kept comming back.

Sorry bout that, its bad luck you got stuck in the middle of folks who were trying to block the road. The bans were a tool to prevent intentional disruption and were lifted dhortly after

Mac2 likes this.
  13. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

@Arkah EMPstrike he wasn't stuck in the middle of the road cause players were trying to block the road but was blocked by the decoration loading like most of players you're accusing ))

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

But they never mentioned the were blocked when they folks were telling them to get off the road over several minuites.

Thier response was casting dield
    spells and pukeing is what i heard

Sometimes f’s wanna be d’s instead.
    Freedom.

Might as well break my record for rapid ninja edits! The events hosts are being accused too \o/

15. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Thats not right.

The parade route was only the black section of the road, the lot loaded when you very first hit those black pavers as the cobble stone pavers were not on the lot.
    Anyone stuck waiting for the deco to load was not in the way and was not banned from the lot.

Mac2 likes this.
  16. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

@Scoffer i've seen a pvp player stucked between pavers walking on place trying to move in all directions without success and some of them casting meteors and fire ring to keep the road clean --- different points of view different versions ))

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

:oops:Oh yea, you cant even enter a lot before it loads anymore can you

18. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I'm not sure what you mean by different point of view. My comment wasn't my point of view, its how the game works. You can't enter a lot until the deco is loaded, those who were stuck due to deco loading were not in the way so were not banned from the lot.

Mac2 likes this.
  19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Agreed.

This is all I came here to say, it is the privilege of the POT owner, they don't ever have to let anyone in if that is their choice. They can ban anyone at will. They can only let a few elite friends/members in if that is their wish. They paid for this. Understand that complaining on the forums about it only makes the OP look bad. And Port has your orb, not any player... unless you were pickpocketed while flagged as PVP (not sure if the orb is lootable?).. just sayin.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  20. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

does anyone have a video record of the incident so as to deny all the bales that are being said?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.