Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Barrel Roll, Backflips .. .

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by EnigmaWinz, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

Double Tapping A and D for left and right barrel roles, double tapping S for back flips .. I think you are on to something with this. I'd like to see those commands get some love, better animation, some nice sound effects, maybe some camera effects .. . Ever since I learned how to do them I find myself flipping around in the middle of combat, it's quite fun, trying to get my enemy down to almost zero life, and trying to time a perfect back flip right into an ice arrow launch for the fatality. . .maybe I'm just having too much fun with this. . but I think it adds a lot to combat in this game.

Other games incorporate acrobatics into the animations of the attacks themselves. . I think having control over that separately along with some more bells and whistles will add so much more depth to combat in SOTA and will set it apart from other games. It would also be cool if double tapping W would front flip us, and maybe double tapping AS or SD together would do flips to different angles or something.

Not only would it make for more interesting battles while you see warriors jockeying for position to land that stacked glyph attack they were saving for the perfect moment. . it would allow players to put their own little style into the way they play, making their combat experience unique to them in a way. Sort of the way Michael Jordan stuck his tongue out on a slam dunk, I may like to end my duels with a front flip into a Glacial Glisade. :D

Maybe female characters could do round off's, handsprings or cartwheels to sort of separate gender or something.

I also wouldn't mind having different types of maneuvers depending on what type of armor you're wearing.

SmokerKGB and iansmellios like this.
  2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Currently while moving forward double tap and hold W causes a toon to sprint while reducing focus.

3. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

Exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.