Bars and taverns in New Britannia!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Doppelganger [MGT], Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You could just reverse all controls, probably be easy enough to do.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Not bad ideas. Then we need to apply the "Wisconsin Effect" into play. The more you drink over a long period of time (starting at a young age in some cases) your tolerance grows by 2 beers per year you are alive. Just go to a Packers game and you will know what I am talking about.

HokageFont and Time Lord like this.
  3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Nice idea, thanks! Would be much easier to implement, and for a RPG it would provide a simple drunk/not drunk switchout, without the need for complex gradation.

I wanna try it out!!

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

*long presses shout power* Zun Haal Viik
    *falls on own sword due to inebriation effect*

yeah... about that... not so much.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I hope one of the optional pets in game will be a tavern dog. They should know various tricks that patrons can instigate, and of course they should chase out rule breakers, or run out and alert guards to these hooligans, to help keep the peace. :D

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea

Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea Avatar

[​IMG]
    I am wondering if future homes of players can actually be a tavern or storefront building. It would add to a more role playing aspect as well.

Kuno Brauer, Myrcello, mahjah and 5 others like this.
  7. Holt

Holt Avatar

I'm hoping we can have the music playing inside the tavern to be heard lower volume right outside. This will give them a little ambiance and character that distinguishes taverns from other quieter locales.

Right now most music cycles on tavern playlists. I hope that they will keep a lot of tavern-like songs there so that they differ from other zones in the amount of tunes players have contributed.

So far so good. These two ideas will really help the feel and significance of taverns.

There is also some discussion about NPC bards having vocal recorded tales to tell. I have a draft of the first story of this type, though it won't be ready for this release.

Just some info that I thought those interested in this thread would appreciate. ;) thanks for any feedback or encouragement!

8. Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea

I was thinking that an owner of a tavern/inn would actually provide a benefit/service to the community by renting out rooms to players working to earn their own home. During this time, they can have a private room/bed w/chest to store their possessions. They get a safe place to log out, the innkeeper also makes income providing lodging and services.

[​IMG]

Additionally, lets say the innkeeper decides to have tamed animals for mounts and can provide players with horses.

Of course there has to be a measure of privacy and security. Just because a person is an owner, shouldnt mean they have access to that other player's space unless consented. I am not sure how the mechanics would work for this. I suppose it would be similar to friending individuals. However I was contemplating a more commercial relationship in order to provide a vital service to the community for the ensuing housing shortage we will eventually have as well as address those in the process of obtaining their own homes.

HokageFont, Kuno Brauer, Net and 6 others like this.
  9. MadViking

MadViking Avatar

While I understand there aren't meant to be any spoken dialogue in SoTA (possibly apart from cutscenes) I'd like to have bards singing, people cheering, etc in the taverns, if nothing else.

Holt, Sunsanvil, Myrcello and 3 others like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Bar Brawls! I Want Bar Brawls! Give us NPC bar brawls!":D

Whenever enough drinks have been served ( some~set~floating~number) an NPC Bar Brawl should spawn there at the Tavern/Bar!
    They don't need to have $ on them or not. They can be random styled NPC's or Pirates for all I care, o_O
    "Just Give Us Spawning Bar Brawls!"
    who's with me?:mad:
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

11. Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea

[​IMG]

ask and you shall receive.............

12. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

NPCs that can only be affected if you are using your bare hands. (Weapons have no effect)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Time Lord likes this.
  13. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I have been working up write-ups for a few of the taverns which I know will be in game as part of an upcoming tourist guide for SotA. Anyone who is looking to have a tavern/inn/pub/B&B/etc... in game, I would love to hear from you.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Maeryck

Maeryck Avatar

Certainly my support for inebriation effects :confused:

Swirly screen effects would be adequate (the swirlier the more you drink), but my favorite inebriation effect so far in a game is the one from Red Dead Redemption

Because it would be fun to have a drunk race with all contestants walking like that.

15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Bar Brawls,

I guess this idea caught on, in the form of the Bear Tavern Brawl :D
    Now all we need to do is link the number of brew consumed linked to an NPC brawl occurrences? o_O
    What do you drink...err...umm...think? :p
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

16. Batoche1864

Batoche1864 Avatar

This reminds me of the very early days of WoW. The 'drunk' effect was graphical as well as movement altering and was so effective that within a couple weeks they nerfed it because too many were complaining about how getting drunk in game was causing them to be nauseous in real life. It was really too bad they nerfed it as I thought it was great that the in-game effect was good enough to have out of game consequences.

17. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

The other WoW effect was that it would make mobs and other player levels appear to you a couple levels lower. Liquid courage. I don't know if that could be incorporated into this game due to the whole "no levels" thing but I always thought that was a neat idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.