Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

basic deck enhancement ideas + new combos idea

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by mike11, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

-cards from the adventuring mode which can be used in combat and are in your equipped deck get transferred into the combat 'transition'
    -card stacks more visual
    -lock controls to disable right-click clear for the adventuring hotbar
    -improve overworld hotbar/make unique
    -possibility of death hotbar with unique skills+death magic (if any)? (just brainstorming)

rework combos concepts - new concept based around managing longer combo's and combo's in succession - therefore combat becomes more in tune with the ability to manage for players to achieve successful card uses and a good amount of combos with no 'mistakes' - which would greatly set you back.
    All things considered enemies and allies could have the ability through other Focus skills to enhance this.
    Another layer to using skills could be added - such as: as you continues good combos and use stacks 'properly' your chance for things like never fizzle would increase.
    A player who as done say - 4 positive actions and then used a attack would do damage to the enemies own combo strategy...
    - sort of thinking of how Witcher used the succession of abilities to make you much more powerful if not pre-requisite.
    cheers

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Overall with the amount of skills we are starting to get both innate and ability I find that they should look at trying to rework the ideas of mastery paths..
    Still I have to purchase skills that I don't want in order to get another skill which I do want. I find that awkward and I know I'm not alone on this. Sure this are some nice things to say about the skill paths.
    Considering how the concept of Combat in Sota relies greatly on a ability 'real estate' (in my own terms) that there is a need to deal with somehow refining which abilities are properly deserving to get combat 'cards'. ie too many needless cards in combat to deal with.
    I would like to see ability like 'Dash' removed from combat as it's a pointless draw and should be innate in 'running' (double tap visceral movement).
    There are many other examples of skills that could get turned into innate skills OR simply replace/upgrade existing ability cards.

peace

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

another example of combining ability and instead points in the other skill with use just one card instead of two...
    Air - Gust -> adds Air's Embrace so that Gust becomes a ability of Air attack /pushback/dex buff. I like the idea of single abilities that do more and go hand in hand with customization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.