Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Battle of Highvale Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Generally all the hangups of getting on the path and getting out the gate seem to have been smoothed removed, good job!

Give Gawain a torch so there is some lighting near him.

The sword is easily visible and not in the way of the previous archers of yore, now. Huzzah!

"Try to hit a nearby target dummy"... there is a practice dummy, and practice targets, but no target dummy exists in the game. Not a big deal, just so you know.

It's nice that Edvard suggests looking at the well to find Nena, but the occasional moan sound effect coming from that direction might be a clue good as well.

Help popup text is still hard to read in my opinion. The font + speed of it + size of it, plus it happening while battles are going on, makes it likely I don't get the whole message.

You might consider removing "Rend" from the elves in the Battle of Highvale. The reason is it causes the player to draw his weapon again if he put them away, and at this stage of the game that confusion is probably a bigger detriment than Rend is adding in value.

Red highlight is great IMO.

Being able to loot crates with weapon drawn is a very welcome change.

I looted and got a healing potion. That might be a good opportunity to use help text to say "Drag that potion from inventory down to your bar."

Bow Vale likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, doing it again I think you should assume that 100% of help text seen during combat will be missed. This includes some looting text, as you can easily be in another fight when it is going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.