Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Battle of Solace Bridge feedback

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

So, I started anew in offline mode. The Isle of Storms feels very good, talking to Araballa, then being guided around on the isle and speaking with the Oracle before entering the Lunar Rift feels like a nearly finished product. Very good!

The Battle of Solace Bridge also feels much better. Finding the child, fighting my way across the bridge with Edvard and then entering the boat - up to here it is a fun experience. Everything feels like it is coming together nicely.

I would still like some secrets in the area, some hidden chests etc. although I know that this starter experience is meant to guide me to Soltown rather fast. But the more to discover the better :)

The most annoying aspect of the whole experience is still the chat window. Playing the game as a single player offline RPG the chat window just feels out of place. It doesn't create the immersive atmosphere the dialogues of a SP game need. Also the constant popping up of the chat window when something is noticed or written in the journal is extremely annoying! So I think that when this chat window is hopefully gone for good and substituted with a great SP dialogue window, the whole starting scene should feel really good - even from the perspective of a SP offline RPG.
    Really great would be to be able to move objects around and drop objects anywhere - so I hope that this feature will be introduced one day.
    Of course the placeholder NPCs are a bit immersion breaking - but we know that they will be substituted in time.
    Oh the breaking of crates... I don't like it. We should be able to open them, this is not Diablo ;)

Overall the experience up to Soltown feels very good in R32. Looking forward to further improvements and of course a real conversation window ;)

2. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I hate the chat window too. I hope it could be reworked soon.

Acred, Lord Andernut and GreyMouser2 like this.
  3. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

The npc conversation / chat window change ought to be high up on the todo list.
    Even in the online modes the npc dialogue system is very wrong at the moment.
    In my opinion anyways.

Acred, Lord Andernut and GreyMouser2 like this.
  4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's on the list... sadly it did not make it in time for this release but rest assured it is something many of us are VERY loud about internally as well as you guys. We know it's not good enough.

Svahn, AvatarGG, Acred and 5 others like this.
  5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

@Lum Maybe you can borrow the bullhorn? Should get the attention it needs.:)

Acred likes this.
  6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Acred, Lord Andernut and Quenton like this.
  7. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

@Lum tell them there is booze involved. I'll ship some scotch to them (or fireball rotgut). That seems to work better than bullhorns. :p

I get so lost in the chat because of the text size and the way it does not change colors to show what was just said vs. what I just said. I constantly have to read 'up' in the chat to find out where the newest part started in a big discourse.

I know you will be given the time to get it running great, I have faith. (Thorn in the side if not the designer that is).

Acred likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

WTF is a "SP dialogue window"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.