Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Beaming into scenes?

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

when a character enters a scene, they should walk into frame from below the field of view of the camera.

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I still hope that the loading screen will get substituted with a zooming down effect. We enter a scene, the camera zooms down a bit, clouds or fog obscures the view, the scene is loaded, the fog disappears, the camera is zooming down and positions itself behind the hero.
    The other way around when we leave a scene - zooming up, fog/clouds, overland map loads, zooming out further.

3. agra

agra Avatar

I think they had to add this as a consequence of randomizing PvP zone-in location. The reason I say that is that in some of the shardfalls, where you appear, randomly, is next to a spawn location of a mob.
    Specifically, an Obsidian Golem, in Grunvald. The truly hilarious part? Here's the sequence of events:

You appear. You're covered in blue-energy-goo, or Heisenberg compensator residue, or whatever it is, and the Obisidan Golem starts wailing on you.
    So, you don't care, right, you're invulnerable! Ok, great, except, it lasts like 8 seconds, then it's pounding the outlander-juice out of you anyway! :D:eek:

[4/2/2016 10:25:07 PM] Entering Grunvald Shardfall from Novia
    [4/2/2016 10:25:11 PM] Obsidian Golem attacks Player and hits, dealing no damage.
    [4/2/2016 10:25:13 PM] Obsidian Golem attacks Player and hits, dealing no damage.
    [4/2/2016 10:25:16 PM] Obsidian Golem attacks Player and hits, dealing no damage from Earthquake.
    [4/2/2016 10:25:18 PM] Obsidian Golem attacks Player and hits, dealing no damage.

[4/2/2016 10:25:23 PM] Obsidian Golem attacks Player and hits, dealing 7 points of damage.
    [4/2/2016 10:25:26 PM] Obsidian Golem attacks Player and hits, dealing 10 points of damage.
    [4/2/2016 10:25:29 PM] Obsidian Golem attacks Player and hits, dealing 7 points of damage from Earthquake.

Now if the mobs ignored you as well while under this effect, then this mechanic might have some merit. At best it gives you a few seconds head start on running, if you're inclined to flee.
    However, given players still appear in the game world LONG before the client viewport is active, I think they have bigger fish to fry.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

@agra,

I'd think people generally have a chance to flee even after taking some damage from a mob, don't they?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. agra

agra Avatar

Well sure, that'd be normal combat. :) My point is invulnerability isn't solving a problem. Not even the problem they said it was created to solve.
    Ask yourself, if there was no blue-goo special effect, no temporarily "hold here for JUST a few more seconds, because we haven't made you wait long enough with another loading screen", would it matter?
    No. The only situation it might solve isn't solved with it's current incarnation. The only way for it to solve the problem would be if mobs fled from players instead of attacked them. (which they can't, if they're at their spawn point, which they ARE, in the shardfalls)
    As it is, PvP players will just start wailing on you (it doesn't prevent you attacking, just zero's out the damage) and PvE mobs do too. So... if it was taken out, like it was in R27, and they just randomized PvP zone in for kicks and giggles, at least we wouldn't have to endure the whole "hold here for JUST a few more seconds, because we haven't made you wait long enough with another loading screen" thing. ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

As a life long star trek fan, I kind of like it. Can we get the energizer sound effects? ;)

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
  7. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I dont mind the new effect. But i would like the opposite effect when leaving a scene used for enetring a scene much more. So to say fade out ..... loading screen ...... fade in.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.