Bear Tavern Brawl - 1v1 Double Elimination

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Archaon [BEAR], Feb 11, 2015.

1. Archaon [OWL]

Archaon [OWL] Avatar

[​IMG]
    Saturday February 21st 2015
    6:00pm UTC
    All combatants (especially if you are new) are welcome to show up at 5:30pm UTC
    as we will give a run down of the tournament proceedings
    /zone Archaon Avenguard or Balec deCani at the requested time.​
    [​IMG]1v1 Double Elimination![​IMG]
    Battle Master(s):​
    Archaon Avenguard
    Balec deCani
    Max players 32
    Combatants will be able to request, upon signing up, whether they wish to be treated as either a professional or an amateur. When sorting the tournament bracket, we will attempt to pair together those of a similar skill level. All combatants may also request an opponent of a similar fighting style (melee vs melee, ranger vs ranger, mage vs mage), whether or not this request can be fulfilled will depend entirely upon the diversity of fighting styles within the pool of combatants. In regards to requesting a match up with a combatant of a similar fighting style, it should be noted, that we cannot police the use of hybrid fighting styles. There is no direct rule prohibiting a player from modifying their deck during the tournament, so there is no guarantee of an exact mirror match.​
    Top combatants from the previous Bear Tavern Brawl tournaments will have spots in this tournament reserved for them. If previous top combatants choose to partake, they will automatically be entered into the tournament as professionals, but may still request an opponent of a similar fighting style.​
    It should also be noted that, to allow for balanced matches, combatant skill will take priority over requests for a specific fighting style when pairing combatants in the brackets. As an example if there are only two rangers within the brackets, one professional and one amateur, a request for a mirror match will most likely be denied.​
    Professional Combatants
    Abydos CDD​
    Archaon Avenguard​
    Athanil​
    Dante Tyrand​
    DavenRock​
    Duke Violation​
    Espada​
    Net​
    Ome​
    Silverglade​
    Soleidad​
    Prizes
    1st - $15​
    2nd - $10​
    3rd - $5​
    Tournament Bracket
    Signups
    If you do not want to sign up for the website but would still like to enter, just put down your name, if you consider yourself professional / amateur and your fighting style (Mage / Ranger / Melee).​
    Live Coverage
    These matches will be cast by the amazing Amber Raine and the Avatar's Radio team, so make sure you tune into Avatar Radio to hear all the action as it unfolds. To view the event you can also go to the Bear Tavern Twitch channel.​
    Port Mirren Duke Island Castle (aka Bear Tavern Brawl Stadium)​
    Rules
    (Subject to change)
    Advancing your character prior to the Brawl is allowed and encouraged. Learn some skills, gain some points!​
    The match starts with contestants in non-combat stance with no active buffs/summons​
    We currently have a no draw system in these tournaments, first fighter to drop loses.​
    No outside help is allowed. (We will work on preventing this with force.)​
    You may use any weapon, skill or spell that is allowed in the game.​
    No player may enter the fighting area without permission.​
    The final match will be a best of three.​
    Elementals/Summons are allowed​
    All weapons and armor allowed​
    and lastly...​
    Follow all instructions given by the Battle Master (The one in charge of the current battle)​
    ___________________________________________________________​
    Role Play
    Not required and it won't be enforced but we do request it for show.​
    Entering the arena:
    The combatant will walk up to battles Battle Master and stop in front of him/her and Salute. The Battle Master will return the Salute. The combatant will then walk over to the side that he/she is direct to, turn towards the VIP* and give a Royal Salutation. Once they give the Royal Salutation they will turn to the middle and wait for the 2nd combatant to complete this process. Once both combatants are in their respective positions they will turn to face each other and bow at roughly the same time. The Battle Master will ask if combatants are ready, once both are prepared to proceed, a count down from five will begin "5 4 3 2 1...". Once the count down has expired the Battle Master will say FIGHT and the combatants will be locked in glorious combat until one stands victorious.​
    After the fight:
    The loser will limp off the field back through the entrance. The winner will walk towards, and stop infront of the Battle Master ready to be annouced victorious. After being announced as the winner the combatant will salute the VIP, then bow to the spectators and leave out the entrance.​
    *Note: If there is no VIP (Game Dev) then skip that part.​
    ___________________________________________________________​
    Anyone that wants to fill in the spots that become vacant once the tournament is full send me a PM or simply show up for the event. If there are any no-shows I will toss you in those spots!​
    If you have any extra ideas or input, or would like to enter please post here.​

2. EmberFlame

EmberFlame Avatar

Signing up!

I have no specific requests, but if needed for matchups, I've still got a mostly melee build. I may have more/less magic mixed in, but that largely depends on the type of opponent I face.

As far as skill level goes, I'll leave that to your discretion; you've already seen me in at least one fight. I imagine I would fall into the "amateur" catergory, but I'm not afraid to tackle a professional!

Lastly, I'm not a big RPer by default, but I'll happily play along with any at the event. :)

Tahru, Gaelis and Balec Fares deCani like this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

I am in.

4. Teterios

Teterios Avatar

I am in as well, Jacob Canaan

Leostemplar and Tahru like this.
  5. Sole

Sole Avatar

Im in as Sole.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Is it too late to sign up for this?

Isaiah

7. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

This contest takes place tomorrow, February 21st.

Don't forget to come out and support those at the event or better yet, if you feel up to it, join in.

Contestants gather at 5:30 PM UTC.
    Matches will begin at 6:00 PM UTC.

Click Here to see what the time in your timezone will be.
    or
    Countdown is here.

Isaiah [MGT] and Tahru like this.
  8. Archaon [OWL]

Archaon [OWL] Avatar

Not at all i'll sign you up Isaiah.

Leostemplar, Isaiah and Tahru like this.
  9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

thatnks I'll be there

10. WoodrowBC

WoodrowBC Avatar

Sign me up please, And Thank you. (Woodrow Beefcakes)

11. Net

Net Avatar

I might be late, but I will come as soon as Church of the Darkstarr ends.

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
  12. Archaon [OWL]

Archaon [OWL] Avatar

Done!

13. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

It's possible Isaiah, but no way to say for sure. It was crowded there and it didn't look black and white to many of us. If you saw something unusual, by all means please report it as detailed as you can.

We apologize for your unfortunate experience at the brawl and thank you for participating and providing your feedback. Obviously issues of this nature are sensitive to the people involved and we understand that. Better logging options (e.g. dump chat log to text file) might help investigate anomalies in the future.

Once we start tracking permanent avatar standing when the game is live we will be sure to have strict anti-cheating measures and policies and your help now helps us put that in place.

At this time we are declaring the results as posted to be final for R14. Thanks for your understanding.

Leostemplar, Tahru and Isaiah like this.
  14. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

I did hear something about being in PvP Mode and accepting challenges at the same time causes an issue. Is it possible that this could have caused what occurred to happen? Were either of you in PvP mode during the challenge? I have not experienced this issue myself and so cannot comment further than this but it was just a thought.

Tahru and Net like this.
  15. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

Many, many thanks and much FAME to all of today's competitors!

Congratulations to those who stole the GLORY!
    First Place and Bear Tavern Brawl Champion for R14: Net
    Second place: Archaon Avenguard
    Third Place: Bambino LudoVate

Our sincere gratitude to Amber Rain for the wonderful flavor she adds to the event!

And to the many spectators, several rounds of BEER and our eternal gratitude!

Thanks for coming!

16. Sole

Sole Avatar

Thank you so much once again to organizers. Duels were epic... :)

[​IMG]

Gaelis, Kendric Darrow, Net and 2 others like this.
  17. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Isaiah:

Excuse me but I do not know of any SWAP TO AUTO DECK EXPLOIT. Thank you for being virtuous and handling the situation maturely.

You should watch my Twitch channel as I fight to get some lessons sir. My gaming is in the public eye, I am not a cheater, liar or as in your situation an instigator.

I had a guy come into my Twitch channel from IGN stating he was in MGT, he thanked me for streaming SoTA. If you have any type of authority in MGT, I frown.

Ok, so here is the situation from my viewpoint! When we fought, I dropped him in under 15 seconds but we had to rematch due to me jumping the gun because of a funky countdown.

Ok, so we rematch. Here is the situation before the fight...We get called to the arena, I walk up to him to initiate a duel but I have no option to do so. He says that he is trying to duel me but he keeps getting a message saying I denied. While he raged and cried saying I am a cheater before the second fight even started, I sat there listening to more crying as the countdown proceeded while expecting the fight not to work because of us not being able to initiate a duel. I ran up on him and wow... I could attack him. From there once again it was cake. I dropped him, he cried more. The End.

If you have any issues I would advise you recreate this 'exploit' that you know all about and report it! Simply put, Don't jump the gun making false accusations! Learn to 'equip' your decks correctly or play some memory games to remember what you have tweaked.

18. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Thank you <BEAR> for the tournament! Balec deCani and Archaon Avenguard thank you for hosting! Amber Raine with Avatars Radio thank you for commentating! Congrats to the champ Net for taking the win and a special thanks to all the other combatants! And last but not least, I thank everyone that was able to come out to spectate the Bear Tavern Brawl!

19. Kendric Darrow

Kendric Darrow Avatar

It was a very fun event, thanks everyone who had a hand in organizing it :)

Congratulations to the glorious winners!

Balec Fares deCani, Gaelis and Net like this.
  20. Budner

Budner Avatar

If Bambino was using an exploit - which is laughable - you'd think he'd victimize more than just one person?

Personally, I suck so much at PvP I HOPE someone switches my deck. Could only help.

Gaelis, majoria70, Net and 1 other person like this.