Bear Tavern Brawl R8

Discussion in 'Guild & Town Hall' started by MulGirtab [BEAR], Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

This is the new discussion area. All members have been transferred to the new bracket.

[​IMG]
    First Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues PvP Tournament.
    July 27th
    6:00pm UTC+1
    All fighters need to show up at 5:30pm UTC+1 (9:30am PST)
    /zone Mul Girtab at the requested time. All others please use the basement entrance.​
    [​IMG]1v1 No Restrictions![​IMG]
    With the exception of outside help.
    Prizes
    Add-on Store :
    1st Place - $30
    2nd Place - $20
    3rd Place - $10
    Tournament Bracket:
    Live
    These matches will be broadcasted live on Twitch.tv
    Channel 1 MulGirtab
    Rules
    (Subject to change)​
    You may use any weapon, skill or spell that is allowed in the game.​
    No outside help is allowed. (We will work on preventing this with force.)​
    The Guards that are placed around the ring will be the boundary for the battles.​
    No player may enter the arena without permission.​
    Follow all instructions given by the Battle Master (The one in charge of the current battle)​
    I would like to add a RP element to this as well.​
    Role Play
    Not required but we do request it for show.​
    Entering the arena:
    The fighter will come out walking up to whoever is the battle master that battle and stop in front of him/her and Salute. The Battle Master will return the Salute. Then the fighter will walk over to the side that he/she is direct to, turn towards the VIP* and give a Royal Salutation. Once they give the Royal Salutation they will turn to the middle and wait for the 2nd fighter. If they are the second fighter then they both will turn to face each other and they will bow to each other roughly at the same time. Once they do the battle master will say FIGHT once the emote is over and the fighters will go at it.​
    After the fight:
    The loser will limp off the field back through the entrance. The winner will come up to the battle master and sand slightly in front. Once announced as the winner he will salute the VIP then bow to us and leave out the entrance.​
    *Note: If there is no VIP (Game Dev) then skip that part.​
    Check out our post at Bear Tavern Tournament for more information and all future event. I do not wish to overload the SotA forums with our events.

Again, anyone that does not wish to be in the Bear Tavern Brawl hosted by The Bear Tavern my send me a PM requesting to leave.
    On this note. Anyone that wants to fill in the spots that become vacant now my send me a PM.
    Anyone that would like to be put on standby for the tournament in R8 please let me know or simply show up for the event. If there are any no-shows I will toss you in those spots!
    If you have any extra ideas or input, or would like to enter please post here.

Ok one more update guys. We am very much enjoying all the smack talk seeing who you were going to fight in round one. We were going to randomize it the day of the fight, however we decided to let you all choose to fight a specific person (round one only of course). If you would like to we need both participants to post saying they are ok with the fight. So discuss it amongst yourselves and let us know. This will not have any effect on the winners so it should be fine. BUT this is only allowed in R8!!!!!!

Current Requested Fight for Round 1:
    Violation vs Balec
    Ravenclaw vs Avorin

If you do not want to sign up for the website but would still like to enter, just put your name down and I can put you in myself.

Video
    I have the video up. This is a simi-raw video. I just cut out the extra items. I messed up on the sound capture device so there is no game sound. :( Next time I wont mess that up.​

Congratulation to our winners!
    1st Place: Espada
    2nd Place: DavenRock
    3rd Place: Violation
    Winner please PM me your email so I can give you the credit.
    Get ready for R9's

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Have the brackets been finalized? My first bout has changed. Was that simply a re-randomization, or has Caska requested me as a first round opponent. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

It was re-randomized. I could match them up to the way they were before if enough people request it.

4. Ziluzzin

Ziluzzin Avatar

So you are now trying to take my idea and hard work by making and copying my website? I thought more highly of you.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Ziluzzin

Ziluzzin Avatar

In fact you even copied my text and just replaced a few words, sorry but I will have to report this posting.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

This is the work of the Bear Tavern. The wording is a join effort that you have given up. Sorry I will not go into this is open forum.

Leostemplar and Time Lord like this.
  7. Ziluzzin

Ziluzzin Avatar

Its not and I can easily prove it.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Having read things on both sides of the fence, I'm confused. I always thought this was a "Bear Tavern" event. Are you still working with Bear Tavern members to help host this? Or remaking a new event with the same parameters? I'll let you work this out with Bear Tavern Council but you make it sound like there will be a PvP event other than the advertised 'Bear Tavern Brawl' coming up?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Ziluzzin

Ziluzzin Avatar

Since this is trying to be pulled without even consulting me and a new post was done without my approval yes this tourney will still go on with the same rewards. A name to refrence the guild I was promoting with my own idea and money behind it. Lucky for me I can easily port screen shots from the forums showing the origin of the idea as well as people saying they will assist me in this, not me assisting the tavern. If contestents would like to join another tourney that is of course their choice, but you are not allowed to make that choice for them. I don't know where the animostiy is coming from but you should know these posts trying to steal this were reported and with me being able to prove what I have said, I highly doubt this will go any further.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

They are still playing in the Bear Tavern Brawl. However, by your request to leave the Tavern on your own accord, you have relinquished all assets concerning the event. Henceforth the tournament has been relinquished to me to continue in its current standings. You have not provided any cash at this time to the tavern that I have knowledge of .

I have already broadcaster the idea of the tournament in R7 in June before you joined. Avatars Radio was there as well as other players. Your were given event organizer in efforts to set up and run events FOR The Bear Tavern under The Bear Tavern name. Anything you bring out for The Bear Tavern is the property of the Bear Tavern and remains with the Bear Tavern.

Im sorry you feel the way you do but it was you that gave up.

11. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

No animosity.. just needs clarification.

I guess the real question becomes if you do something with a group, for a group and then decide unilaterally to leave that group. Is the work you did while with the group and for the group yours or the groups. I agree you had a hand in setting this up but it wasn't done completely alone and it was advertised as a tourney hosted by Bear Tavern. If it was the Artia Behemoth PvP tournament, I don't think this discussion would even be taking place.

My suggestion is to take this off the forum, talk to Mul and work it out. I'm sure Mul only did this to ensure that the PvP event would still take place after you decided to leave. The guild is devoted to seeing this take place after all and you didn't mention anything about this in your good-bye post. As I said, there is no animosity and I'm sure they'd still be willing to work with you to host the event whether you are part of the guild or not. You guys just need to sit down and discuss how it will be handled. I know the guild was ready to back the PvP event in any case.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Ziluzzin

Ziluzzin Avatar

Ok few things I have given money but that issue has nothing to do with this.

It doesnt matter if you had this idea 18 years ago. An idea in the head is nothing. It was also my idea, which i verbalized and it came into fruition. I was given event organizer because of other things I worked on for the bear such as sota wiki.

As for property? Really property rights is what you want to pull? In that case show me a signed contract saying any creations made by me are henceforth the bears property. Go ahead find it, ill wait........

Ya sorry this isnt a royalty case we are dealing with. I can prove it was my idea as well as you yourself saying you will assist. Same with the rewards that you actually said we shouldnt give out since we are still in alpha but I went ahead with my inital plan anyway.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Ziluzzin

Ziluzzin Avatar

I never said I did it FOR the bear tavern granted I never said it wasnt either. Now you are trying to put words in my mouth that were never said. Yes I got help but I also got help from people on the sota forums to making it just as much theirs as mine and yours. Which is the case and is why I didnt just change everything up. I left it just the same to carry on just the same. Mul created a new post and started all of this unessicary actions.

Also it was advertised on these forums by me, and through countless PMs that I had that I brought Mul into.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

I am keeping the rewards since they were already set.

The IDEA was made public in R7 before you join.

The simple fact that you constructed the event under the Bear Tavern using the Name of the Bear Tavern gives rights to the Bear Tavern.

If you wish to support the Bear Tavern then I suggest you message me.

You may run your own tournament as you wish but not under the name of The Bear Tavern.

15. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Ok.. So, unless I'm wrong, I guess there won't be any cool heads or sitting down to discuss things.

Artia, good luck with your pvp event, I hope it goes well and everyone attending has a great time.

Unfortunately I will be attending the Bear Tavern Brawl as originally planned so please remove me from your list of attendees.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I would just like to say that personally I announced MulGirtabs announcement during the R7 party we held at Bears Tavern. MulGirtab had said he was going to host one which I have been talking about all month since that point. Avatars Radio also was happily going to commentate this tournament that he was going to host.

17. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

The reason Artia has the post is because he was given event organizer status for the Bear Tavern. I agreed to help him as I already was setting up one for the Bear Tavern and announced to Avatars radio and to everyone at the party hosted by the Bear Tavern.

I simply took control to a event hosted by a member of the tavern that requested leave.

18. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I can attest to that fact, as can the other members of the Bear Tavern who were in attendance at that party.

19. MulGirtab [BEAR]

MulGirtab [BEAR] Avatar

As well as others that I will not name. If they come forward then so be it.

20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.