Beginners Quests

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Ajacied1987, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Didn't the starting area get revamped? We (might?) want to see!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We added that this release. The only thing different about the starting areas when you re-enter them is that the tutorial elements are disabled (you don't have to pick up and equip a sword to continue, for example)

The only thing you can't access is Arabella's initial dialog, which for R27 has only minor changes/bugfixes.

Time Lord and Quenton like this.
  3. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Well done Lum! Thank you.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I currently have gotten the quest to travel to Necropolis with the spirit talker.....yet when i arrived there he isnt there waiting for me. I quess i need to go back to Ardoris and find him....although i did and he said the same thing over again. Told me how to get there and he would meet me....bugger never showed up.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

When reaching Ardoris right at the beginning of the game you can get a quest to go to the Necropolis. You reach the Necropolis by wandering through the West Perennial Trail (which by the way should be reworked as it still uses old assets), an area with a difficulty marker of one skull - so it is fairly easy.
    But when you reach the Necropolis the area has five skulls!
    So can anyone explain to me the flow of the game? One of the first quests we get is to go to the Necropolis and we get from a one skull area to a five skull area? What am I supposed to do? Grind? Do other quests while the guide is waiting at the Necropolis for months? Without the quest I wouldn't complain about the area being too difficult but we get this quest at the beginning of the game! So either the questgiver should say something like that we are not powerful enough yet or he shouldn't give us the quest until we are good enough.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Did you hire one of them, by ASKing for help?

There's nobody by the two colossal Necropolis entrance doors, after then staircase in the graveyard?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

I hired Samael...or whatever his name is. That is the funny thing too....when you meet the two spirittalkers at the Inn in Ardoris...you really have no clue who they are....until you talk to them. One is arrogant as all get out and the other I have to approach him a couple times to get him to stop drinking and talk. Finally Sam decided he would talk to me. Told me to take the Perenial trail to the entrance to Necropolis . He said he could not travel with me as it would slow him down. Kinda odd. But ok. Well i had to log out for the night ....so when i logged back in next day thought i would pick up where i left off.....i actually logged out outside of Ardoris. Ran up to Solonia to deliver some mail then came back down and headed up the road.....he said follow the coast to Perenial Trail.....so i did...made my way around and all i found was Necropolis Barrens. No one there. Went inside....entered the cave to the right and immediately died by a skeletal archer. Yeah Necropolis Barrens is listed as level 5. So not sure whats up with this quest...not a big deal. Just thought it a bit wonky

Moiseyev Trueden and Time Lord like this.
  8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The quest has several problems:
    1. You are tasked to find warriors in a tavern. Finding such a tavern is very difficult. When you have found it, there are some bards in there but lo and behold, those bards are the "warriors"! Wouldn't have thought by their looks. They don't even respond to the word warrior...
    2. You are sent to the Necropolis. A level 5 area right at the begining of the story! I don't understand the reasons for this. Is this a balancing issue? Is it meant to be this hard? How am I supposed to finish this quest without grinding?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

As Darkmoon said, it's a very hard zone in a point of the timeline where one isn't exactly expected to beat it. (Well, in theory, when Necropolis was added, one would have already beaten Ravensmoor and TSE; but not right now!)

It's very wonky at this point.

And I doubt you actually hired Samael with the dialog keyword that binds him to you - you should have an entry in your journal active quests saying so.

The spirit-talkers (both of them!) are at the end of the tunnel where you died, after a graveyard and an unmistakable staircase ending in front of the Necropolis actual entrance.

Moiseyev Trueden and Time Lord like this.
  10. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

Well hope they will adress this issue (if it is considered as an issue, perhaps are we meant to grind?) on the "polishing phase", next release :

Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Belladonna Rose

Well i tried to take a screenshot of my journal but couldnt figure it out.....but this is what it says
    "I have contracted with the spirittalker Samael to be my guide through Necropolis, the city of the undead, insearch of the mystery of why the undead are attacking Ardoris"

I went back to the tavern to talk to him again. Apparently I am missing a keyword to get him to bind to me. Or maybe i am missing something in the quest. Obviously I have done something right or i wouldnt of gotten to this point. I think i will give up on it for now and just wait to finish it when the game goes live . LOL. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Katrina Bekers, Mata and Time Lord like this.
  12. Mata

Mata Avatar

Over SotA with F11
    Over Steam with F12

13. Belladonna Rose

Thanks Mata....did that but nothing happened. No biggie. Smiles.

Mata likes this.
  14. Mata

Mata Avatar

Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  15. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Mata, you're a life saver! This information helps me a ton!

Moiseyev Trueden and Mata like this.
  16. Mata

Mata Avatar

Thank you! :)
    You're welcome!

Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  17. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

I hope tons of quests get added at some point.

So far the world still feels so empty. Atleast arround Ardoris.
    Many areas to explore and towns arround it, but only a handful of quests in Ardoris and Soltown which don't really lead you to any of theese 20 areas arround Ardoris...

Hundreds of quests are still needed, and i doubt this is going to happen just in time for the "final wipe", which makes me a little bit sad.
    Yes i know "final wipe" is not the release, but still...

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  18. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

This seems like a good place to ask a question. I haven't done any of the main love(?) quest line at all. I assume that it starts with the dagger I got. Edvard told me to go to Aerie to see the guild masters there. I have run all over Aerie looking for and asking about guild masters with no result. I've been in every building that appears public (and a few that weren't - sorry to anyone who has those homes). So how would I know what to do?

19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Only the quest belonging to the path of Love has been fleshed out. The dagger you get at Blood River is part of the quest line of the Path of Truth. You will have to wait until that quest line is complete before you can follow it. In the meantime players embarking on he Paths of Truth or Courage are re-directed to Soltown to follow the beginner quests of the path of Love. The tips that most people don't read tell you that :)

20. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

By "tips" do you mean something in-game? I'm trying to figure out how I would know a quest is called "Love" or "Truth". If it's the daily tips that pop up, I assume I can reset them or somehow reread them.

On a side note, I did go to Soltown, talked to Edvard who told me to go to Aerie and see the "Grandmasters" for help. I went to Aerie and looked for anyone who might be some kind of Grandmaster. I did see Lord British and Mrs. British's digs, which was envy-making. But I didn't see anyone who might be a Grandmaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.