Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Beginnings of regional weather?

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by redfish, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm just starting to devote some substantial time to the QA this release, and I've noticed fog over some swamps and low hanging clouds over some forests.

This is really cool and am excited to see it; its along the lines of what I suggested. I can't wait to see this developed more.

Some further thoughts,

- Storm clouds should be dark; which should give some indication to the rainy weather, although it would be nice to also see the rain pour, if possible. In cold regions where it snows, you'd see snowfall, etc. When its a lightning storm, you'd see flashes of lightning.
    - Forests should have morning mist. Whenever you guys put animals on varied schedules, bears come out more often when its wet, so in the mist or rain. It'll be cool to use these overland indicators to figure out which scenes to enter, based on how they affect the probability of certain encounters or even certain reagent spawns. Varied degrees of fog would be nice, btw; from mist to heavy fog.
    - Some coastal fog, especially in early mornings; like forest mist, dissipates when it gets warmer later in the day.
    - Deserts should have sandstorms in heavy wind. Sandstorms would also be visible on the overland with clouds of sand.

I'll post some further thoughts on this after R36 is officially out!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.