Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

@ Berek: Why is Devs Ruening Mining when there are solutions.

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Odyssey2001, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I have being speaking to many Crafters and gatherers, OOV at Ordinis and we have notices how recent changes ( including 553 ) to mining respawns has been removing enthusiasm and Fun from mining when it really does not have too.

We all understand that the market was becoming stagnant but these changes seem to be hurting mining in a severe way..

I have recommendations that will solve this and retain the current strategy of boosting up the market and retaining the end result.

--------------------------------------
    Meticulous collection
    It used to be cool to see that sometimes we could get like x13 and a whole bunch of ore during higher level of meticulous collection and now it seems to have lost its enthusiasm.. the ambitions to level this up has greatly diminished and I recommend making it as it once was..

Mining ore.
    Mining ore has been becoming more and more frustrating for its lack of respawn, delay in max respawn and decreased meticulous collection.

Casually players at the moment casual players mining will experience a very slow respawn as it takes about an hour for the respawn to reach its max..Is this really necessary? The initial reasoning was to prevent users from going in and out of instances but now its just hurting casual players and it just that much more boring for minners..

Etceter mines: Some rooms have like 3 nodes in them yet!!! Its unbalanced for the amount of efford it takes to get there and fight for. Some rooms are guarded by 2 ghosts and a hardened Skeleton and after you mine all the nodes and come back you are then greeted by a mob of ghost and hardened skeletons.

Meeting mobs is not the issue its the lack of nodes or respawn is the issue as it makes it boring and removes inthusiam from mining.. as we find ourselves waiting for ore to respawn or just running around for ore..
    ---------------------------------------------

Recommendations/solutions

1: Reduce the timer that starts the MAX respawn timer so it only takes about 20mins or so to reach its Max.
    2: Double or triple the ore in some of the etceter mines rooms so its makes sense to have so many mobs protecting that mine.
    3: Increase the respawn rate to where it was 551 + 5%.
    4: INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF ORE IT TAKES FOR WEAPONS/ARMOR /MASTER WORKING AND MAKE IT INCREASE ACCORDING TO LEVEL.. so the higher you go in master working the more ore AND SILVER it takes.. the better the weapon the more ore it takes to master work and enchant..
    5: Increase the amount of ore all items take to balance out increase ore in mines.
    6: Increase the amount of ore that we get through meticulous.

6: DOUBLE THE SILVER AND GOLD ORE IT TAKES TO MASTER WORK ITEMS.. THE HIGHER YOU GET IN MASTERWORKING THE MORE AND MORE ORE AND SILVER IT TAKES.

7: MASTERWORK LEVEL 3 NOW TAKES GOLD AND SILVER.
    8: ENCHANTMENT LEVEL 3 ALSO TAKES SILVER AND GOLD.

Conclusion: If this is done properly this should remedy a few things..It will make it a bit easier and less boring on casual users as they will be able to collect enough ore quickly for smaller item and get them started into the game crafting faster.

- This will make it certainly more meaning full to mine as its what we are suppose to be doing in a mine after all.

- Normal users will still be able to make weapons and stuff but for higher level items they will have to rely on users that specialize in a field due to the higher amount of ore and afford it takes to make higher level items.

- Raises the use of COTOS as the higher level armor and weapons become more valuable and difficult to make.

- DEVS have more flexibility, you can modify higher level items which makes the game more difficult without it effecting the lower users and without it effecting the a specific place like a mine or area..

- Economy will remain the same because the more ore coming out of the mines will be balanced out with the more ore it takes to make items and of course the much higher amount it takes to masterwork and enchant higher level items..

2. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i did mine last night and wen i was full and i can carry 600 wight i mined to i had full bagg and little over like 700 wight
    out of my mining run i had 250 gold ingots rest was pure wepons i mean come on i am suposed to have an bag full of ore right not wepons

and i totaly agree wen you get more wight of wepons and stuff then you do ore then there some thing rong
    is just not enuf ore spawn and the meticulus just arnt werry exsiting this days

im gm miner so i to have mined some and from what i see it used to take 1 hour to speed up the mine
    now it just dont speed up

as an end lets not forget this is a game and wen mining i am suposed to mine not kill stuff 90% of my time in the mine and 10% mining

look real life would any one go mining if the mine was guarded by tons of heavy duty monsters and you was able to risk your life wen you did go mine ( i think not )

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

but can't you scrap those weapons to make cheaper ingots? (albeit maybe not gold)

Solazur likes this.
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

What would be the point?

Now you can go and spend and hour mining and get 200 ore which is enough to make a plate chest piece*
    Increase the spawn rate on the ore so you now get 400 ore an hour! Yay, you can now make....one plate chest piece since you increased the ore needed to make stuff.
    What actually happens is you increase producer xp so that crafting becomes easier with a bigger pool.

Adding more silver and gold to masterworks and enchants doesn't make a lot of sense since it will use more ingots BEFORE you get to the options and decide what you put on it.

*numbers used as representation and not accurate

Elnoth, MrBlight and Malimn like this.
  5. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

1: The point is that mining is now boring compared to before and I clearly state the such, PLZ Read the post in its entirety..
    2: The XP can be lowered or raised on any given item in the mines. As Chris once said " Its just a turn of a dial "
    3: If they want to make things harder( as they are clearly going in that direction ) are they going to force us to mines once in one mine and then leave and run to the next? ( because they cannot remove any more ore as they will be nothing left !!! )
    Perhaps you will be ok with it - going from one mine to another to get enough ore to make it a profession- but I am surely not and from what the users I have been speaking too they are not either..
    4: From what you have been mentioning it seems like you mine not as a profession but on as need basis. This post is about mining as a profession as a users whom GMs level 110 or 120 + mining for the purpose of earning a living in the game. just like some whom Fight to collect weapons to sell or cut trees and harvest cotton bushes to sell Or farmers that farm regents and cook to sell there food.. THIS IS A ROLE PLAYING GAME AND ISNT BEING A MINER A ROLE?

6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

It already takes an outrageous amount of ore for masterworking and enchanting (especially with the new skills). Increasing these amounts is not going to make the game more interesting or make crafting any better - it will just make it more tedious and make people angry. Increasing this to justify increasing mining yield is not the answer. Who wants to smelt more ore? Ugh

As far as mining, I haven't noticed any difference in yield recently, although it does seem to take a bit longer for the initial respawn to kick in. However, I am still mining the same amount of ore that I have always mined (using Elysium and Spectral as examples, as they are where I mine the most). I think there are other ways to make mining more interesting and hopefully when they unclone or make new, bigger mines (probably way in the future), they'll take this into account. But, I also don't do it "for a living" - it is a means to an end. I would love to buy all my ore from folks (actually pretty close to this goal) consistently, so I'm all for making mining (as a profession) better....in a way that doesn't negatively impact crafters.

7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We prefer to try and add or balance a change, instead of simply removing or reducing... reducing is a negative and something that you point out is not favorable. We're continuing to look into ore respawn timers.

Prime2, Numa and Barugon like this.
  8. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

hi Berek,, I mentioned the reducing because this IS what was done in Etceter mines, many nodes were removed and as a consequence now its half empty and there is more mobs on the 3rd floor than justtifies the ore..

There is another solution that I did not mentioned: We could double or triple the ore in all mines BUT remove the respawn completely until a user enters another mine ( then a flag resets the user ) . This would make it much harder for bots, and force the users to move around and not just stay in one spot.

This would do the following.
    1: Make sense of a mine being well guarded by mobs.
    2: Make it harder on bots.
    3: Get the the users moving around more..
    4: Make it so its actually a mining area not just another place to fight and wait around for nodes and mobs to respawn.
    5: Make a mining permit as miners can pay COTOS or GOLD to by pass certain control point faster as they go from one mine to another..

9. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Maybe my adventurer level isn't high enough to clear the mobs as quickly as you lot, but in the bottom chamber of a mine I typically always have something I am doing. Fighting repops, harvesting ore, or harvesting crystal. Haven't had issue with ore respawn yet.

MrBlight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.