Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Berserk ability (bludgeon tree) invokes a longer GCD than other abilities

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Deana Beretta, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

I'm not 100% sure if this is intentional, or a bug, but when I activate the "Berserk" ability, I have to wait about twice as long before I can use any other ability, compared to using just about anything else.
    I just started using this ability last night. I typically keep 2 short duration buffs on my active bar, to use before starting combat (I was previously using Defensive Stance and Inner Strength). I swapped out Defensive stance for Berserk (just to try something new) when I noticed the difference.

Once I noticed the difference, I tried playing around with as many other abilities as I could find. Every ability that I tested with invoked a GCD, somewhere in the 0.5s to 2s range, but Berserk seems to invoke a GCD that is about double the standard. I believe that this is tied to the animation that is used for Berserk (it's a pretty lengthy animation).

I feel that this should probably be looked into. Unless you invest into bludgeon specialization (a difficult choice as you only get to have 2 of them), it is locked to 30 seconds. But the first 2-3 seconds of that is eaten up by the extended GCD. I also noticed that you do not auto-attack during the animation of the ability, so the first few seconds of the buff are truly wasted.

I'd suggest that the animation be shortened, or at least made interrupt-able after the standard GCD has expired.

mystarr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.