Best stuff store only - disappointing Coto merchants

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dayero, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayero

dayero Avatar

i spent that money anyway, before the subscription i did it at the monthly telethon. so in terms of how much I support the game the subscription doesn't really change much. I think it is a lot more hassle free for the player though and more predictable for port, so I think it would be a shame if it ends up being dead on arrival because it lacks in appeal. And imho it does right now.

2. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

this discussion should be taken to a new thread I think as with my help it has moved from the in game coto vendors to the sub rewards. I apologize for helping to divert it.

3. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

That's nice, but I have never supported 'gold farming' in Video Games. It leads to excessive inflation.

Chatele, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree that some core visions are being dropped. I do think I can understand the reasons why too. At this point with the way things have worked out some things have to give. I think I can understand the reasoning too on checking off some things that are not worth the complaints at this time. It's like picking your battles. I am not even saying that letting go of some of the visions of the game will help it, but I do understand. If later on the economy really kicked in and was worth it at that moment and we needed to re-think the bank choice then that could still happen. The same thing with npc collision. Now I'm just hoping that the system updates will be good, full, and complete updates but I truly don't know what will happen. I guess we find out on the 7th of September during the livestream when they tell us about the fishing update. ;) I am a bit nervous since I have expectations.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  5. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Lets be frank. What was done has not worked. Continue to repeat the same and the game is dead.

This next update is incredible. Each future update should be as good or better for this game to thrive and expand.

Solazur, Bayard, Witcheypoo and 3 others like this.
  6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Core visions change and can be dropped or altered to suit the market.

There's nothing wrong with this. Markets, demographics and interests change.

Businesses that realize this and make the needed changes, will grow and prosper.

Others... have a $20 Million Dollar purse and due to their hubris will fail to make something the market will be able to bear and then wonder why it's all going down in flames around them.... *cough* Star Citizen *cough

Sorry... had something in my throat... ;-)

Chatele, Witcheypoo and Scanphor like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Am I required to approve?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  8. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Nope but alot of the "Core Values" (or "mistakes" as many would see them) are what are holding this game down from being a success.

SOTA needs to be a popular and flourishing game not some Cult for the handful of true believers who seem to think the game can survive on some tiny rump of devotees.

Honestly people need to wake up and smell the roses here.

9. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

No, but as a shareholder, I am happy that they are removing features, that while utterly FANTASTIC on paper, have turned out to be sludgy at best and utterly annoying at worst. Fixing these issues may cause some consternation, but it may increase retention AND bring in new players, raising the value of the entire enterprise, bring in more money and increase my investment.

I will also disprove of some things they do and that's okay, as long as they maintain their fiduciary responsibility to continue to move the game into a more popular and wider adopted franchise.

Solazur, Bayard, Greyfox and 3 others like this.
  10. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

All the stuff, make a difference excluded, end up in the store after a "while" , but is store exclusive in the beginning.

11. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Buy furniture. Open a furniture store. Sell all that stuff for IGG.

Nelzie and Paladin Michael like this.
  12. jutman

jutman Avatar

WELL PUT i agree and await further updates as I hope they will only make the game better

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

There are many things I see Port doing that I don't agree with during the entire project since 2013. I am here for the long run and any change in direction Port thinks is needed is a welcome change in my book. I am not the expert, just a loyal player who enjoys the game.

Nelzie likes this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Over and above their commitment to produce the spiritual successor to the Ultima Series?
    Just trying to gauge the boundaries of your statement here... There is no measure of success other than financial?

15. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Cool story, bro.

They have already accomplished the goal they originally set out for, that being a Spiritual Successor to the Ultima Series, even though there's still much to add to the game. It's important to note that Spiritual doesn't mean, completely ignore every change in the market and advancement in MMOs since the original UO came out.

We're past launch and now it's time to adjust mechanics that just annoy people, to much, while eyeballing the future.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Everything annoys someone. At some point you have to choose to say "My vision cannot satisfy these people."

At what point does that lie?

Would you support Forced PvP if that were deemed to be more profitable?
    Would you support the Elimination of PoTs if it were shown that that were more profitable?

The changes that are being made you support because you feel they will make the game more profitable... Is there a change that you wouldn't support even if it would make the game more profitable?

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The Sieges Annoy me... The answer to the Sieges isn't to make them even LESS relevant than they are today, but to make them something Special that will move people to WANT to go organize a group to go clear them.
    So either remove them entirely or make them interesting... Don't just leave them in as a random farming opportunity.

Same with the control points... If they're abandoning the concept of Regional Economies, either remove them completely or make them interesting... I'd prefer the latter.
    Same with the random encounters...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  18. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

There is nothing saying they wont, BUT doing that is a lot of work. So making them optional in the meantime removes the annoyance. Still have an option to iterate on them later. Would rather them do a small things to stop the annoyance now than wait for a fix like that.

Spung

Chatele, Kain Darkmoor and Nelzie like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then they should state that that is their intent.

20. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

They can't do that, because unless it is scheduled and has resource assigned in the near priorities, saying things like that just opens them up to players calling them liars etc. Once bitten twice shy and all that.
    I would assume all content will be subject to changes and enhancements in the "future".

Nelzie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.