Best way to raise Carpentry from 78 to 100?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Oyjord Hansen, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I've found my Carpentry gains slowing way down lately.

Any tips on how best to raise my Carpentry from 78 to 100?

TIA!

Kara Brae likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Avatar

1.Go cut more trees, skin more mobs, and mine more nodes. :D

2.Once you get a bigger pool of producer xp, find someone to mentor you and/or get a potion of guidance. (optional)

3.Salvage carpentry created weapons like bows.

Oyjord Hansen and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If you are only talking about the top skill in the tree, it should still rise quickly if you keep salvaging loot while at the same time crafting as many new recipes as you can get. Attempting and failing high level recipes also gives your level a steady boost. Use the devotional that gives the carpentry buff and use expert stations to craft recipes you wouldn‘t otherwise be able to craft. Crafting houses is good. A large pool of Producer XP is needed to „feed“ from, so build up the pool doing other things first. Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Sara Dreygon and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

@Oyjord Hansen To have someone mentor you, they need to be a GM in Carpentry and in the same party as you while you craft. @Lace has had crafting parties in the past. Mentoring will raise your carpentry 2x the normal rate.

Oyjord Hansen and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And torches.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Appreciate the replies all, thanks.

7. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

While it seems oxymoronish, you should really build a HUGE producer pool. Reasoning behind this is when you get to the skills such as masterwork and enchanting, you will get faster skill gains and use less materials. I now have over 7.1 million producer pooled experience and when I want to raise my skills, I will use less materials.

8. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    7 Million Crafting exp? 500 exp at a time? Or is there some way to increase producer exp aside from quests?

9. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

500 at a time for 95% of it and then was able to make a few items that gave me 60,000 experience such as Ancient Staff's and such :(

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok first off you have to understand you Exp Pool -

Skills eat up a % of you pool only when they go above 80 -

Skill - 1 - 80 use a set number of exp upon each use - (there is a low end where you use a percentage below a certain level so as to prevent one from getting to 0 easily but ) SO while training these skills craft things that you have already learned - sure you do not gain a lot of exp but you will balance out.

Skills 80+ eat up a percentage of your pool with each skill use - at this point to need to have a HUGE pool. (( there is a low end also, so at a point it will use up so much exp with each use - hence looks like large reduction while training))

Once you get up around 80 in your skills go around and craft a lot of items for the first time (s) this way you will get the most out of each craft attempt to boost your pool, and train.

Remember when you craft things for the first time you get the most exp added to pool and goes progressively down with each attempt.

So where you are at 80 ish - go learn as many new / different recipes as you can, buy them , be taught them . . . craft each items 10 times then do another. this will increase you pool so when you get to 80 you have a large enough pool to make it worth your while. As soon as you go to train one of the new skills (Masterworking) craft the lowest cost item in resources, and time and masterwork util it breaks. If you get lucky nd get items that player might want save it there and try and resell. Since there is no real first uses there you are stuck and have to find ways to increase you pool in other ways. (( this may change with the option to "save" the item before it breaks which I would do and salvage them, as long at it does not eat up to much exp to save the item, If it does just let it break but that is your choice))

Remember understand how you pool grows and is used to better manage your training.

icuszda and Barugon like this.
  11. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Salvage wooden weapons you get from killing npc's. You can salvage your way to GM carp/blacksmith/tailor. Easy peazy

Elwyn and Armaden Restal like this.
  12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Salvaging weapons is by far the most economical way to raise carpentry skill.

However, it doesn't hurt to make 1 or a few of any new recipe you can get your hands on. The first few times with each new recipe gives a larger amount of producer xp... but then it starts to dwindle down to a low base value for each repeated crafting of the same item. So I like to make at least 3 of every recipe I can learn to get that "new item" bonus xp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.