Beyond Frustrated...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HogwinHD, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It sounds like people hate CP because they are too hard and take too long.

Group content that attenuates you quicker seems to be what folks flock to reguardless of fun facter. If there was a boss that took 5 mins to kill and gave a party of 8 1mil xp each, everyone would group for that constantly, but would they cry havoc if it got nerfed to be harder?

More places for folks to attenuate(there are currently multiple areas it can be done. Some solo. But folks want itquicker and quicker) I dont neccessarily agree low-level folks should be easily carried through it. The low end grind is already very very quick

2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

its because cp's arent worth doing right now, but at the same time nerfing places like UT isnt going to help anyone gravitate back to CP's they need to Give better loot etc at cps and make them worth doing instead of UT by beefing up the loot and exp

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think that if anything is the issue with ut, it is that much better then all the other stuff.

I also have never been a huge fan of the cp mentality. Give me a dungeon that gets harder and scarier as you get deeper in.

Numa, Pawz, Derium and 3 others like this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Do what WoW does with it's raid. Give the dungeon a CD of one week. Problem solved.

Derium, Elrond, mass and 2 others like this.
  5. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Yeah so, i get it, the same 5 people (give or take a few) just want to sit arround in a room to constantly kill stuff o_O

If that's all what you all really expect from an RPG/MMO then all hope is already lost, seriously.

Lynx Fain, gtesser, Bambino and 3 others like this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Imo that's the issue that PC gaming somewhat inherited from mobile gaming. Instant reward, constant reward.....

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Werent CP’s dropping blue and yellow bags like crazy with endless streams of bows and swords to sell?

I feel like folks liked CPs before upper tears was changed, upper tears was just quicker and easier. The complaint now is that folks feel they should reach max xp in a matter of minuites so that the rest of the hour can be spent not getting xp. Cuz they dont want to grind, but are still a slave to XP.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Cps do drop good bags, but it requires a little better group. Im not sure pick up groups would do very well there. Healers dot removers and good dps is required. The kobald cps wipe good groups 4 rounds or so in, dbl spawns of 4k kobadls right on top of ya is a killer.

Super isnt so bad but its harder than ut for sure.

9. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I am afraid it also shows our age... *sighs*

FrostII, Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  10. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Is such a grind, actually fun though?

Are the groups who are grouping, doing all sorts of talking and socializing? I don't know... I haven't decided to see about joining any UT groups, but I fell into there by accident once and decided to wander off and look at the rest of the zone, the story strewn across the landscape there is pretty nifty!

Cordelayne, GrayFog and mass like this.
  11. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

The last time I joined a group I was told I was pretty much worthless as a tank/fighter, and he kept calling me bro which irritates me to no end. So yeah there is socializing but it's not always intelligent or appealing, fun, pleasant, all of those positive qualities you think you could find among seemingly like-minded players. You start to notice the arrogance and snobbery that is floating around and you lose interest. It's just not fun being around people like that. So when you join one of those groups who've created a looking for group, group, you don't really get a choice on who you end up with. All you can do is find a better one or create your own if the people are 1. Jerks, 2. Go AFK for long periods of time, or 3. Sit on the wall behind the tanks casting a meteor shower every so often, or firing one arrow every 30 seconds, not bothering to help heal or rez.

Lynx Fain, mass, gtesser and 4 others like this.
  12. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

This is why, if I was going to create or join a group, it would be to work my way through a dungeon or story element that is just to big for me. I do not get the draw of Upper Tears, beyond doing it maybe once for whatever initial reward (if any). Sieges? Now... those I can get in on and same with the reliving the past stories in the Lost Vale, but even that would be a once and then maybe I'll come back to it sometime event.

I've never been big on grinding and repeating the same things over and over and over JUST for XP.

13. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

sol im so sorry that someone did that to you, i can promise you you are worth something as tank/fighter, and if you need advice there are plenty of people whod be willing to help/advise you :)

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Without justifying the behaviour: welcome to the 0815 MMO!
    That's the reason i stopped healing. A thankless task where you get only recognized if you supposedly messed up!
    Same goes for tanks.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  15. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

people Subjecting you to that arent Indicative of the rest of the population i assure you, Some people just cant appreciate people who give up their time to contribute to the group

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I have lead a progress guild in WoW.
    I have been main tank in another progress guild in WoW.
    I have been main tank heal in the very same progress guild in WoW.

I willingly admit that, back in the day, this kind of people's main habitat was WoW. And that it wasn't as bad in WoW vanilla as it is today.
    But by now they have spread everywhere.
    Doesn't matter into which MMO i log on today, the bunch of a**heads is the same now everywhere as in WoW (FF is even worse because of the much harder content compared to WoW).

There are a hand full of exceptions of course. For example EvE is full of trash talk, but never that.
    And that's the first time i hear a story like this in SotA. But seems like they are finally here as well.

GrayFog likes this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

That is The sol reason i could not enjoy WoW at all. Im against anything that encourages that kinda elitism

CatherineRose and Sol Stormlin like this.
  18. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

This is one of the reasons why I AM A SOLO PLAYER …… and if I do group, a huge IF, it is with friends only.....

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This happened to me, simply because I wasn't as attentive at a time someone noticed (I'm not a leech)... in fact, that person is in this thread... o_O

20. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

PM me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.