Big Question for everyone...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SmokerKGB, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I'm looking for Exotic metal recipes for Blacksmithing, specifically halberd hd, spear hd, 2hd axe hd, 2hd sword blade and anything I can't buy from an NPC...

-What critters drop recipes? I'm only level 59, so no Bosses please...
    -Do you have a Vendor local? I'll come to you...
    -Send "Shamus O'Toole" an mail with your list & price, thanks...
    -Do you know of any player resource I can lookup? Most I've seen are when "Discovery" was available, which it's not now...

Me thanks to you...

2. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

We have a few listed on a vendor in Rinzai, nested in Desolis, take the last wagon on the left and the vendors are in town "square" right in front of you when you zone in.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

You'll see quite a few of these recipes on player vendors in the player market towns, too - ie Ordinis Mortis, Novia Market, New Britannia Market to name a few. If you're new it may be hard to know which recipes come from bags and which ones you can just buy, though, so it may be worth geting someone to teach you everything teachable, and then travelling around filling up your recipe book, so when you're shopping at player vendors you dont pay too much for something that's npc-available. I'm happy to go through my recipe book and teach all I know, but as I did learn some via discovery I can't teach -everything-. A very large chunk, though. Feel free to add me in game - Shimizu Kitoku.

The special metal recipes you get from supply bags. The grey bags -do- have them, and you can get these off most humanoid mobs. Unfortunately, you're almost certainly going to need to fight in a 5 skull area for these. Lower level mobs do drop them but the rate is quite poor. Even in a 5 skull area I only get a handful of these a day, so its by no means something you're going to be able to 'finish' completely unless you're willing to pay what people are charging for them these days.

As far as a reference, come to Rinzai as Scoffer has said. We have a crafting museum set up that shows all the crafted gear in every possible style/configuration/material and get an idea of what you're after. If there's a component you need making and you have the materials and just lack the recipe there's usually plenty of friendly crafters who will crank them out for you until you get your recipe book more filled.

SmokerKGB and Hunter OfSouls like this.
  4. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Sent you a PM here on the forums...ok, "started a conversation" in the local parlance. :)

SmokerKGB likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

All of the recipes you are looking for come from supply bundles. Grey has a 1/16 chance, yellow has a 1/4 chance. The hard part is that the recipes are apparently all an equal chance to get, so the ones that everything needs (sheets, bindings, wire) are going to be less likely than a random axe head/sword blade recipe.

Or if you really want it bad, there are people who sell them in Owl's Head for very high prices, meaning that if you really, really want it, you can probably get it.

Other classes of drop-only recipes are:
    - obsidian stuff (from Kiln obsidian forge room?)
    - animal head hats (from northern barbarians)
    - potions (from The Rise?)
    - tabletop catapult (maybe in the same group as potions?)

SmokerKGB likes this.
  6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

sieges

Elwyn and SmokerKGB like this.
  7. Vodalion [BEAR]

Vodalion [BEAR] Avatar

SmokerKGB likes this.
  8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I just want to thank everyone for responding, I've visited all the places suggested and have received some recipes from others (Me thanks to Senjut)...

A word to the Wise: I would never pay more than 5k for a recipe, I've seen many of the same recipes priced much higher and if you're getting sales, more power to you, just say'n I would never (I don't play this game to make gold, I play for fun)...

Nelzie, Stundorn, Numa and 2 others like this.
  9. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Could not agree more. Prices for recipes are out of hand. Honestly I think they need to up the chance of getting a recipe in the bags.

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I want it all beeing discoverable again.

Nelzie likes this.
  11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

This is not likely to happen, but I do think the Devs should rethink "teaching" of recipes... I feel that once it's in your book, you should be able to "write" it down to a form (recipe) that can be placed for sale... After my adventure in trying to find recipes, it's rather obvious there is NO competition in the marketplace, and IMO, that's what keeps "inflation" controlled... Recipes should NOT be rare...

Numa and Stundorn like this.
  12. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

That and return the bag drop rate to what it was. I am getting a lot less bags these days.

Elwyn likes this.
  13. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I have soooo many of these from sieges that we have started putting them in the public chest at Aldhaven. I think I have 5-6 in inventory right now. I wish the siege engineers would vary up their recipes... devs hint hint.

Numa and bigta1982 like this.
  14. eli

eli Avatar

give it a few months.

remember when imbued potion recipes sold for 20k?

now i can't get 200 gold for them.

At least they are a temporary boost to the player economy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.