Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

bit of feedback

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Sophi, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

ok so here's how i'm feeling about R19:

love, love LOVE! overland travel now, i just fly along!
    Don't even mind the very annoying zone cool down (lol, yes ok spoiled i know) now that I can move faster than a snail's pace on the world map. :) thanks guys!

sooooo glad we can see armor colors now!
    and dyes?? omg dyes at last!!! *dances jig* AND some more clothes 'n armor!

Another new POT!!! and a new swampy biome, awesome! It is SO exciting to watch all this be created, omg!

I do like the new Etceter Crag Mines scene - very cool and lots of walls (and floors!) to smash! woohoo!!! that was fun :)
    Although I have to admit when i saw those nodes lined with what appeared to be gold... oh gosh I thought i'd hit the jackpot for sure!! Will there be gold down there eventually?? oooooooo.... would be so cool. And of course would have to have correspondingly BIG baddies to guard it all... hehe looking forward to that! ooo boy! :D

So on the whole, I am loving R19! Kudos guys!
    *cheers and jumps up and down for the fantastic dev team*
    :D

2. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

ok so here's bit of a follow-up because I am a bit sad about it. :(

One thing that I do sometimes for friends or peeps i know are busy doing community stuff and don't have time to lvl, is to take their avatar out somewhere and help them lvl. Its something I enjoy doing. I know there are other folks that do this as well, as it's been done for me in the past :)
    Also I enjoy helping new players level up a bit as well, this gives us a chance to get to know each other.

But the changes in how party experience is distributed has completely messed that up. I went out with a new player the other day and i was getting like 1000 exp and he was getting like 43 or something horrible. What this does is force people to either lvl alone, or party ONLY with peeps near their own level.

I guess I don't understand the rationale behind the decision to so drastically alter how party exp is distributed.
    And does the hoped-for benefit outweigh what we are losing? (i.e. a chance to help one another and hang out and get to know new folks)

Womby, Xandra7, Lord Lonn and 12 others like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Sophi I agree about the experience for being in a party. I would post it as a bug because I thought I had heard the team mention they intended to make party play valid, but that does not seem to be the case. :)

Womby, Ice Queen, Isaiah and 2 others like this.
  4. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

oh really? I thought it had been purposely done.
    ok i'll look at posting it as a bug.
    thanks Majoria!
    :)

5. Net

Net Avatar

It is purposely done. It is to prevent people powerleveling or something like that.

Source: @Chris and Combat Scrum.

6. AviarAmidar

AviarAmidar Avatar

My guess is they will implement a system where players can level together but gain "appropriate" amounts of XP when grouping up with someone higher level. Many games have done this in the past where your "level" gets either bumped up or your higher level partners level gets "leveled" down so you can group together and each get an appropriate amount of XP. I think most games nowadays do this as Net stated above to avoid powerleveling.

I'm sure before the game goes live, smaller things like this will get fully implemented and corrected.

Sophi likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

[​IMG]

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

See one of the things we use to trash talk other games back when I played UO was the fact that people couldn't party together. We use to take new players to fight bone knights to get the last few skill points to GM their weapon skills. Everybody got the same gains regardless.

If level comes into play in this game it is exactly like what we always complained about in UO. This is exactly what us old UO players backed this game hoping not to see. Level segregation in PvP and level segregation in parties.

Xandra7, Ahuaeynjgkxs, Sophi and 2 others like this.
  10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Have I missed something? this isn't happening is it???

Sophi likes this.
  11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

This doesn't really bother me at all, a high level teams up with a low level.....the high level will get majority of the points, but at the same time stuff is killed a lot faster so its likely to benefit the low level in terms of speed. The proportion might need a tweak but i'm not against the principle.

Womby, Sophi, Miracle Dragon and 3 others like this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I've heard it talked about in the past. Although I haven't seen this "selective multiplayer thing" in action. For all I know it doesn't exist. There was supposed to be some kind of filter but it seems for now we just fill up an instance with people and we are there with whomever we are there with.

However if there really is a selective mulitiplayer, hopefully it doesn't try to match people of similar level (as it has been discussed in the past). I hope that never happens but I never saw them say it won't happen, but they did say it might.

As for level segregation it appears that Net said above that it was by design that mixed parties with lower level players would result in lower experience points to stop power leveling. That's segregation to me, and it is to the origional poster who makes a great argument as to why there is no incentive to travel in parties.

(Although to be honest I had no incentive to travel in parties to level EVER). This is not a new issue. I don't EVER want to party up to divvy up the XP between other players. That just slows things down. If anything XP should be distributed evenly, and with a reasonable bonus (to make a party useful at all).

Ice Queen and Sophi like this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If leveling was as intended (i.e., you gain a breadth of abilities without gaining significantly more raw power), then this wouldn't be an issue. It would also solve the "a level 20 and a level 50 can fight and each have a chance" scenario. Unfortunately, leveling *does* gain power, and innates are too good at providing additional power. Thus, level segregation in PvP and level segregation in parties.

Sophi likes this.
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Thats to do with friends not levels....that's what it was about way back and I have heard nothing else to suggest it is anything else.

Sophi and Kara Brae like this.
  15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Selective mulitiplayer is not just about friends. It is supposedly going to add a few people who it thinks are relevant to you. If the huristic they use to gather people together into an instance pulls from people who are the same level from you first, then I suppose level 100 players will only see level 100 players etc.

In any case I'm really missing UO.

Sophi and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

nope, its complete nonsense.

Sophi, Gaelis and E n v y like this.
  17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I just came from reading the recient reviews on Steam, and I feel very down about this game at this point. I spent a lot of money and time here and not only do I personally dislike much of the game mechanics, I just saw a massive list of other people saying the same thing. This doesn't make me pleased.

If what I said was nonsense that I'm not sure. However I will offer you this, if you are passionate about this game still then please help it succeed. I'm not able to help at this point so I think I need to just stop posting.

Sophi and Ice Queen like this.
  18. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I don't think you should stop posting. You're just voicing opinions and concerns just like anyone else does on this forum.

FrostII and Sophi like this.
  19. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I think XP points should be divided according to levels, even though it's fun to power level if that adjustment isn't there. When I've played Dungeon Defenders, I've helped a lot of people gain levels very quickly because there isn't a level system of points. In all honesty, it's not really fair. Because some people may have played only a week and can power level up much higher than those who don't party. So it's kind of a 2 edged sword.

Maybe my memory is serving me badly, but I thought in UO, XP was evenly distributed, regardless of fighting level? This would be the opposite.

But Isaiah, I'm sorry to hear you're becoming more discouraged. This is what I felt a year ago and when I'd voice concerns, people jumped on me (that's putting it mildly). Now you're seeing the concerns that some of us have voiced that long. I still have hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sophi and Miracle Dragon like this.
  20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

People were really upset when i power-levelled a bunch of new players to level 50 in an hour or two, there was calls for it to not be possible and now it isn't. There is valid arguments for it to go, and valid arguments for it to stay.

FrostII, Womby, Sophi and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.