Black Sails and Obsidian Purgatory

Discussion in 'The Library' started by CatherineRose, Jul 27, 2019.

1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I woke from a sleep of death

[​IMG]
    What is this place?

It is spine chilling cold and smells of rotting flesh.
    There are only thin slivers of light coming from above. The light seems to be bony fingers reaching from above and down onto the stone floor below where I now sit.

[​IMG]

How did I get here?
    The last things remembered were the glassy eyes of the dead after the last fierce battle brought about by trying to rid our land of the evil Obsidians.
    I, along with Boris Mondragon, the elegant pirate, were docking our ships, the Misti Sea and the Dragon in our home port, Port Dragomir Mori.
    We were just returning from the last battle in Luna City .
    It was a devastating battle with many lives lost.

I remember seeing Paladin Michael, Captain Stu Gotz, Captain Monkeysmack, Captain Alpha Fishsticks heading with their ships toward the sea with their hospitals full of the injured and dying men. Captain Trinity worked with her crew helping the last of the injured to her ship, The Tempest. I looked into her face which was usually confident and strong but there was horror and tiredness etched into her eyes. The mental anguish had taken a great toll on her as it had on all of the Black Sails captains.

Try as I may the memory of what happened after our docking took place will not come into my mind. The only part of my memory that is clear is that the Obsidians succeeded in finding all but one of the pieces which they needed to conquer the world's communication which would have brought about the greatest catastrophy that our world has ever known.

"Hello." I whispered into the dark.
    "Is anyone here?"
    My voice is all I heard and my heart felt a welling dread in my chest. The muscles in my arms and neck were tight as I became more aware of being alone. Being alone is not always bad but right now being alone in the dark , hearing no sounds is really terrifying.

" What is that odor that weighs the air down into the pores of my skin?"
    I leaned forward as my whole body shook with agonizing heaves of my stomach contents.
    Sitting as still as possible the urge from my stomach finally quieted.
    I then try to will my shaking legs to stand up but to no avail. They can not find the strength to raise my body. The more effort is exerted the harder my heart pounds.
    The pounding is so loud it began hurting my ears.

As my eyes began to adjust to the dark I look down and there in front of me is what appears to be a small little animal.
    [​IMG]

When the attempt is made to move closer to it it began to move. It moved silently and ever so slowly. "What is it"? Then it raised itself up about two feet off the ground. It seemed to have a dark fuzzy little body with long arms and legs. It had small piercing eyes that looked at me wondering what I was just as I wondered what it was.

"Hello little one, do not be afraid".
    I chuckled to myself saying those words for I was just as afraid as he looked to be.
    The little creature backed up into the wall behind him and squinted his eyes all the while keeping them focused on me.

Exhaustion took over our effort to learn more of this place and of each other.
    We fell into a deep sleep unaware of the lurking danger in the dark as this unknown adventure begins.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Razulah looked at Boris knowing the man was upset at the crushing defeat in Luna City. Many of the Dragon's crew was injured and some deep soul searching was due. The more he thought of the responsibility on his shoulders the more he raged. As Razulah put his hand on Boris's shoulder he turned towards his friend containing his temper. Boris' eyes had turned red, it was the bloodlust that surfaced from time to time.

"Not now brother, take care of the wounded an keep the crew ready for what is to come. I had a dream in which there is an Elven Citadel called the Rise. In the dream I am to search for a special amulet that will offset the Obsidian Talisman's power. In that dream I was told though the power of the Talismans has not been used their power can and did turn the tide of the battle. It was not just the talismans but also my lack of planning that caused the mission to fail. I will disappear after midnight as I will go alone to face the Elven Citadel. I will come back with the amulet we need. Let our Pirate Queen and others know of my mission and to rest assured that I will return."

Razulah nodded in agreement. He knew the Captain may be defeated but will always come back stronger and more focused. He watched the man prepare his armor and weapons and walked back to the main deck to oversee and help with the injured and damage to the "Dragon".

For three days the Captain travelled towards Resolute, through Superstition Canyon until he saw the hidden entrance to the Elven Citadel. Upon entering he grated his longswords against the wall making a shrieking noise. He let the elves know he was there and there was nothing they could do about it. The bloodshed that ensued was unseen before. He saw one remaining Elven Mage who spoke to him.

"You will find the Elven Knight who will dispatch you permanently."

He opened up a bag and let the contents roll towards the Elven Mage.

"This one? he had a bad day and so will the rest of you here until I find what I came from".

That was the last thing that Elven Mage saw before he was beheaded and his head kicked to a corner. This was only the beginning of the savagery the pirate would unleash on the Rise.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

BAM!

A loud banging could be heard echoing through the odd silence that now possessed the sandstone cliffs. The familiar sillouette of sequanna could be seen looming high above against the speckled night sky.

BAM! CRRACK!

A hail of wooden splinters fell from a rope bridge once granting access to the top of a sandstone pillar high above the sands of the desert.

"......aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHH" THUD

Arkah suddenly fell amongst the splinters but landed hard on his feet with one fist to the ground. A empty flask came soon after smashing into the sand like a dart without shattering.

"Oops." He said quietly, standing and dusting himself off. He picked up the empty flask, which sported an etching of a Cat on the face of it and put it into his satchel. He held his hand to his brow and searched the cliff and saw a bag hanging from the ledge he had just fallen from, and sighed with exasperation. It was full of equipment, gems, and gold he had accumulated in the area.

"If I leave it the cultists will just end up with it again." He said, trying to motivate himself to retrieve it. In the area there were remnants of broken auto-ballistae and several now unmanned barricades. He entered a wooden lift, which recently was heavily guarded, to gain access to the camp above from which he had just fallen. As the wooden platform came to a squeaking halt, he was greeted by a cultist wizard that barely had time to begin a chant before Arkah drew a spiked club and laid the cultist hard into the ground, before picking him up by the collar and saying "See how YOU like it" before tossing the wizard over the edge of the cliff. Arkah walked casually over to the bag hanging on the edge near the rope bridge and threw it over his back.

"That's one more camp not in service!" Arkah exhaled. The light of dawn was just barely beginning to show as Arkah took the lift back down, and began to make his way over the dunes towards Desolis to sell his loot.
    [​IMG]

Jaesun, Vero, Brass Knuckles and 3 others like this.
  4. Drya

Drya Avatar

Drya stood on the roof of her houme in Arx Draconis, looking in the direction of Superstition Canyon. Strange rumblings had begun to trouble the area from that direction. She wondered if the ever increasing sounds of distant battle issued from The Rise. It was part of the Elven Realm, but of late seemed troubled by undead. There had been a section that a Lich mage and his undead minions had usurped some time ago. But lately there was talk of a passage opening from The Rise into the Elven Realm of Tartarus where undead, death slimes and zombies now competed with the Elves for dominance in its underground corridors. Peace seemed such a tenuous state of being in Novia of late! What would this mean for the men and women in Resolute, Bramble and Jannaford? She shivered as her mind raced unbidden to dire thoughts of what might issue forth from Supersition Canyon to trouble Novia. Sometimes it is good to live on an island, with a buffer of water between her home and the mainland. Still, such thoughts did not totally allay her fears of what evil might issue forth to trouble the land.

5. T r i n i t y

T r i n i t y Avatar

I can confirm there is a passage open from Tartarus to The Rise. Unfortunately for me, I was not expecting it to lead into a dragon lair. A hasty exit before my demise was all that saved me. When I return, I will be better prepared.

Drya, Jaesun and Boris Mondragon like this.
  6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My head was spinning and the room took a strange tilt as I tried to stand up from the hard stone floor.
    [​IMG]
    The little fuzzy creature was staring at me with his big eyes wondering, I am sure, "what is that strange looking creature?
    She has funny metal wrappings all over her body which makes her look like one of the creatures I saw scampering around in the desert. Let me think. Yes, I remember now she looks like an Armadillo except her tail must have been injured in a fight for it is missing."

I backed up away from the little fuzzy animal and stared back at him.
    "Come here little one. I will not hurt you."

This area reminds me of some prison walls I came across some days back. It was in the middle of a desert near Desolis.
    However, we can not be in the desert of Desolis because there are so many green trees close by.
    Come fuzzy creature. Let's cross the green treed area and go into that gate in front of our path.

We entered the gate just to be hit with an arrow that must have had some kind of magic on it.
    We began to float through the air. Two Elves with tall pointed hats were carrying us quickly just a few feet above the ground.
    We were dropped into a large slimy dark hole abruptly. The Elves had disappeared. There we lay until the magic wore off. We both stood up to find that we were in a hallway of some kind.

We began to inspect the area and saw that there were several corridors. We followed one of the passages and came to a wall which was broken into pieces. The little fuzzy creature hid behind me which forced me to slowly creep forward following close to the wall. There was just barely enough light to be able to see there was a large room a few steps away. We continued forward entering the room but no one was in the room. I released my breath from relief while the little creature ran around and around the edges of the room. There were three doorways in the room. We quietly went to one of the doorways and saw a narrow hallway which was so black it was even darker than storm clouds billowing before the lightening and rain begin. No, No NO don't run so far.

Something is just not right in here. A feeling of dread began to overtake my thoughts.
    "Let's get away from here for now." We turned and ran as fast as we could run.
    The whole while my heart was pounding with fear.
    "Little fuzzy creature, I am known as the Pirate Queen at home.
    Right now I don't feel like a Pirate much less a Pirate Queen.
    My fear is making me want to leave this strange place and never return.

"Let's find something to eat. Maybe we then will find others to help us find out about this area. I wish Snow were here to send a message back to the Black Sails leader, Captain Boris Mondragon as well as Captain Stu Gotz, Captain Alpha Fishsticks, Captain Trinity and Captain Monkeysmack. Oh and EMPstrike would be able to tell us what magic plants we may need for the coming days. He has done a lot of traveling into all the land of Novia"

"Little fuzzy creature I think we should give you a name. But let us sleep first. Tomorrow we will find your name."

My sleep was fitful with terrible and scary images before my eyes. There were big skeletons with bows shooting arrows wanting to kill. One of the big creatures had a black robe with dead face and evil eyes flying above the ground. There was a terrifying evil smiling painted face just laughing and laughing.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Giant Polar bears were rearing back in rage running toward us. Suddenly we were going into a
    fog that surrounded trees with skinny fingers and arms reaching to grab us. Spiders were crawling everywhere.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There was fire all around with so much screaming and the sounds of terror in many voices was so loud.
    "Where are we being taken in this dark night? "

[​IMG]

The light at the end of the corridor was pulling us toward it. We had no way to stop the journey.

"NOOO that can not be!!!!!!! NOOOOO!"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019