Black Sails Saga, Part 3

Discussion in 'The Library' started by CatherineRose, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

NO!!!!! It can not be!

I sat straight up in bed! Racing to the window I see that what I thought was a dream is not just a dream but is a reality of what is coming!

I look into the black sky with the swirling clouds and there before my eyes are the ominous and evil ones approaching Dragomir again NOOOOOO, NOO you must stay away. We need our rest. We need our peace. We do not have the artifacts you want. We took them far from here. They are safe! So, why are you coming back? What is it you want from us?

I ran from my room and into the the water toward the Tempest.

[​IMG]

Adam Crow, Rentier, Dhanas and 5 others like this.
  2. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Wodnesdai Februa 25, Wentru 560 PC

[​IMG]
    Trinity sat at the desk in her stateroom with a view to Port Dragomir.
    She read the reports from Captain Boris and CathernineRose about Dragomir being 'safe' and the announcement that 'peace' has again returned.

"Peace, safe?"
    "How can there be peace?"

"My mission has always been to avenge Zane's murder"
    "Dragomir seems safe and peaceful now"
    "But my soul is not at peace as long as any Obsidians are alive."
    "Zane will never rest until I have finished my mission?"

Trinity moved closer to the crystal orb as the images continued to form within.
    The Orb was clear, then smoky and a dark image began to form inside.

[​IMG]

"Hmm, I can see in the Orb, the Obsidians have deceived the city and blinded their eyes."

As the image in the Orb became clear.
    Trinity jumped to her feet and in a whisper:

"They are still here."
    "They never left."

"They are well hidden and waiting!"
    "I wish CatherineRose and Captain Boris could see what I see."

Trinity ran from her stateroom and to the top deck of The Tempest.
    She pointed to the sky above Port Dragomir...

"LOOK ! ! !"

"They are watching and waiting."

"BE READY!"

[​IMG]

Adam Crow, Rentier, Lily Byrd and 6 others like this.
  3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Captain Trinity! Are you awake? Peg! Captain Trinity! Wake up! Wake up!

I was wrong. The Sea Goddess granted us calmness this week but the peace is not complete. She gave us her blessing just as she is now giving us her protection.

I was wrong. There is never peace as long as the dark and evil Obsidians are in our world. We must go forward into the terror of destroying the Obsidians. Our mission is not finished. Captain Trinity your brother has not yet been revenged. We have not finished. I see more tasks ahead. Oh my friend, Trinity, Captain Trinity you have seen in you Crystal Orb and warned us that there is no peace. Last night the Sea Goddess gave me a vision in my dream. We are not finished . We were only granted a short rest.

Captain Boris is out on the high seas at this time but will return in the future. Mac took his army back to Serenite, Xee took his airships back to Silverdale, IronFist WarHammer has returned to his home. Our pirate ship captains have gone to the open sea as well. They have missed their great joy of watching the sun rising when the sky is clear and setting in the pinkness of the evening dusk, finding contentment in the waves of the open water. They are all expecting to be at peace. Yet that peace will be short lived. The obsidians were only masking their intent.

However, the time to continue our quest of ridding our land of these evil Obsidians is not over. Only our rest will soon be over.

As the Sea Goddess rises from the sea giving her blessing [​IMG]
    we will continue even as the dark and ominous clouds cover our land spilling their black poison onto the ground.
    There is only one antidote to that black and permanent poison. That antidote is in the complete destruction of Obsidians.

Alpha Fishsticks, Duke William, Trinity and all who have seen this calling before your eyes come quickly. Our guard must not break.

I stop in my tracks as I was returning to the Misti Sea. There before me like a beacon of hope and of truth stands Veritus the goddess of truth. Oh my, next to Veritus the spider Arachne was looming in the sand. Arachne all in purple from head to foot dressed by her mother Athena the goddess of war.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seeing these three goddesses cause me to become speechless and silent for they loomed over me into
    the heights over Dragomir Mori . Yet, I could not continue with my eyes upon them. There is no doubt as to what they came to say.

We will gather our strength in the coming days. in the coming months. We now know that there is to be just a short time of rest. During this rest we will be silent and listen while prepare our plan for what our future holds. We see the way that truth is learned and the way peace is earned.

Listen and be ready to come when the call is sounded!

At that instance I fell to the ground weeping. Weeping for my love of Dragomir. Weeping for our cherished land and all the people of this new world.

Adam Crow, Rentier, Lily Byrd and 5 others like this.
  4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

*SAILS* !!!!

Boris looked up to the crow's nest and how agitated One Eyed Jack was as he yelled. He climbed up the rope himself to get a good look and saw it with his spyglass. 20 Obsidian warships on their way towards Dragomir. This was the Obsidian gambit and they where throwing everything they had. Boris knew why as the Obsidians still thought the artefacts were hidden on the "Dragon". They had their gambit and now it was time for his.

The "Dragon" had been out several days and covered 30 leagues in heavy seas and against the tide. It would be impossible to face this formidable fleet with only one ship yet he had to detour their flotilla and a fight he would pick. His orders were sharp and precise as the game of cat and mouse would start now. He wrote a brief note and tied it to the leg of his black seagulls sending it towards Lady Catherine Rose. "Milady, the Obsidian fleet is heading towards Dragomir, I will try to divert it. R/Boris"

"Battle stations men, we give them all we got and let them chase us. They will know its the "Dragon" firing at them."

The dragon headed straight for their Flagship and the obsidian navy was caught off guard thinking only a suicidal ship captain would go right at them. Boris measured the distance and got close enough.

"Hard to starboard and FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!." a minute later the Obsidian flagship was engulfed in flames as the other ships turned towards the "Dragon". This was the gambit , he then turned again to the helmsman.

"Hard to port and FIRE !!!!!." Boris would give them his full load and two more Obdisian ships caught flames but there were at least 17 more left. He could not lead them into Port Dragomir and he could not face them all either.

One Eyed Jack yelled again. "Captain, a storm to our south. methinks a hurricane."

Boris smiled and thanked the Sea Goddess". "Helmsman go toward the hurricane. we know how to navigate it but the obsidians do not.. The "Dragon" went right into the storm and so did the Obsidian fleet. They braced for what was coming and lowered the sails as they were about to enter the outer fringes of the storm. The crew smiled knowing this was the adrenaline rush of high seas trusting their captain. They looked towards him and gave out their battle cry.

"One Ship, One path, One Truth" Boris looked at his crew with pride. It was man and ship against nature and he knew they stood a chance.

Lily Byrd, Adam Crow, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

"Hello Little Black" I said to Captain Boris's black Seagull as he landed on the window sash.

I reached into my pocket and brought out some small seed I carried with me incase Snow wanted a bite to eat. Little Black readily took the seed. The note tied to his leg did not surprise me at all.

Both Trinity and I had visions that the Obsidians were coming to Dragomir to do battle. We saw their anger and intention and knew that it was just a matter of what day and when they would arrive not if they would arrive.

My Lady, bring me my finest purple cloak. We will go to the mountain heights which overlooks Port Dragomir and there we will be silent from today at sunset to the morrow at sunrise .

We will listen to the wind of the sea which the Sea Goddess has sent. We will know the presences of Veritus and of Arachne. We will listen in silence as Athena, the goddess of war, stands before us.

There we will learn how Dragomir must proceed.

Be Silent and Listen

6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

This storm was stronger than the usual ones that form far out in the ocean southeast of the Longfall Peninsula and head northeast then recurving back out to sea until the dissipate in the northern latitudes and colder waters. The "Dragon" was fortunate to skirt it and lucky enough to be able to survive the winds battering from its outer bands. As Boris steadied himself at the top of the ship he noticed 9 Obsidian ships did not navigate as well and were swallowed up by the storm. He did the math quickly, 3 ships damaged and 9 lost to the storm only left 5 ships left from that massive flotilla.

The current and winds steered the "Dragon" due east and as he passed Pericaliya and then Grumridge another storm hit it from the North channel. This storm was a typical gale yet damaged two of the sails and the mail mast which had already suffered damage from the Hurricane. They could no longer steer the ship and were pushed due south between the peaks of the Twin Foothills with a very rough final stop on the beach near Jade Valley.

Boris and Razulah inspected the damage which could be repaired if the resources were obtained. He was still uneasy at those Obsidian ships still left unharmed and made his way towards the city of Jade Valley. The gods favored him as he saw Captain Violet Green and quickly ran to her explaining the situation. Fortunately Captain Green was doing a supply run before heading back to Dragomir and offered the necessary supplies, manpower and lodging while repairs were done. Once back on the beached "Dragon" Boris wrote another note to Lady Catherine and tied it to the leg of another of his black seagulls.

"My Lady Catherine; We have survived the Hurricane and though most of the Obsidian Flotilla followed us there are still 5 or 6 ships that may be heading near Dragomir and probably on a scouting mission or to drop off an armada for attack. Please have Captain Trinity lead a few ships out due east from Dragomir to intercept them if possible before a landing on our shores occurs".

He set the black seagull out and rolled up his shirt sleeves. It was time to fix the damage and to do it quickly. He needed to return to Dragomir as soon as the gods would allow as he knew that was just a first flotilla with more to come. As the sun fell once again and night set in he saw the face of the mystery woman once more. The obsession of that Obsidian Princess still haunted him as if she had a part in this impending attack and he would face his inner daemons once again soon.

7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

As the sun began to rise I stood over Port Dragomir listening to the waves hitting the shore. My soul knew what was coming.

Normally I would be filled with dread knowing that a battle was gathering momentum in it's approach to Dragomir. There was a sadness over the knowledge there would be injuries and loss of life. Yet there also was a calmness from knowing that this was to be one more step toward the eradication of the torture of our loved ones across Novia. This would be one more step toward the revenge of Captain Trinity's brother against the Obsidians. This would be one great step toward ridding our land of those who murdered our captains and my father. In my head I can hear the battle cry .

"One Ship, One Path, One Truth!"

As I stood over looking Dragomir a black crow landed a few feet in front of me with a message attached to his leg just like Little Black had had on him the day before. Again it was a message from Boris letting us know that although they had survived the Hurricane there were some of the obsidian ships which survived and were still on their mission to attack Dragomir.

"My Lady please send my guard to me on the Misti Sea and request he wait for me on the upper deck."

Upon arrival on my ship I quickly spoke to my guard.
    "Seena, go speak to Captain Trinity at once."

Seena immediately found Captain Trinity and requested that she lead a few of our ships due east from Dragomir to intercept what appears to be a determined scouting mission by the Obsidians or maybe even the first of their ships intended to attack Dragomir.

As was spoken during the night as we listened in silence we learned that these Obsidians were near and were continuing their intention of war. They will not surprise us. We are ready.

"Captain Stu, Captain Alpha Fishstick, Captain Pauli Walnuts and Captain Monkeysmack make your final preparations. This battle will be on our shores within a few days.. There is very little time left before they attack."

"Snow and Little Black ,"

"Take these messages to IronFist Warhammer and the warriors in Arc Draconis, to Mac and his army in Serenite, to Lady Minerva in Ordinis Mortis , to Antrax and his army in New Heaven, Xee in Silverdale and to Adam Crow and Elgarion in Kahli."
    "The Battle is upon us. Please come to Dragomir at once.."

Duchess CatherineRose
    Governor of Dragomir Mori

"Fly like the wind for our life depends on you."

8. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Fridai Augus 13, 560

Trinity sees CatherineRose's guard rowing toward The Tempest.
    She senses this is not good news approaching.

"Greetings Seena, I assume you bring news from CatherineRose."

Seena gives Trinity the letter CatherineRose received from Boris and said:

"Yes milady has requested you lead a few ships due east to intercept the approaching Obsidian Ships."

Trinity scans Boris' note quickly and thinks:
    Hmm, 5 or 6 Obsidian ships headed for Dragomir.
    Seems like a small force for this to be a serious attack.
    The Tempest can dispatch them alone.

But I will invite the new Captain Alpha Fishstick to accompany The Tempest.
    Perhaps it will allow us to be better prepared for the coming battle.

Trinity turns to Seena:

"Seena, please take Boris' letter and the request from CattherineRose to Captain Alpha Fishstick."
    "Please ask him to ready his ship for battle, we will depart at dawn"

"Peg, ready The Tempest and the crew to depart at dawn"
    "We have some Obsidian heads to harvest"

@Alpha Fishstick

9. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Saternesdai Augus 14, 560 (Dawn)

Strong winds from the remnants of the hurricane swirl around Port Dragomir as The Tempest and Captain Fishstick's ship set sail. A short distance from Aerie, a shout from the crows nest breaks the steady whistle of the wind.

"Sails 3 leagues to the northwest"
    "5 ships!"
    "They appear to be heavily damaged from the storm"

Peg, at the helm, signals Captain Fishstick with a wave and points toward the ships in the distance.
    Peg turns The Tempest toward the Obsidian ships and calls for Koa to prepare the canons to fire.
    Trinity in her stateroom prepares the surprise that will assure a quick victory.

After a short time, Trinity climbs up to the forward crows nest.
    In her ceremonial mage robe she places a smoldering container from her pack on the floor.
    Pulling her wand from her robe, Trininty waves it in a circle and chants a spell.
    A magical black smoke begins to rise from the container.
    The smoke seems immune to the strong winds whipping around the mast.
    It rises straight up into the sky.
    When the smoke is high above The Tempest, Trinity spins around twice and points the wand directly toward the Obsidian ships. A dual hot yellow flame emits from the wand and the smoke follows the two flames toward the sky above the ships.
    In the distance two water spouts form in the clouds and begin to strengthen and reach down to the water surrounding two of the ships.

[​IMG]

Trinity again spins the wand around her head and stopping it pointing directly at the ships.
    A brilliant white ray is expelled toward the ships.
    In the distance a large ice field formed around the two ships.

[​IMG]
    "That should slow them down so they can't get away or attack"

The other three ships were floundering a short distance away. Trinity signaled Captain Fishstick to attack the forward ship nearest him.

"Peg come about, set course between the other two, prepare to fire."

Peg maneuvers The Tempest between the two ships and shouts:

"Port and Starboard FIRE IN THE HOLE"
    "FIRE! FIRE!, FIRE!"
    "Reload and FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!"

The two Obsidian ships were ablaze and dead in the water.
    Trinity took the helm and shouts orders to the crew:

“Peg, prepare to board the enemy ships."
    "Give quarter to only two"
    “Spare only one crewman and the Obsidian Captain on each ship!”

"You know the drill!"

Captain Fishstick's crew had easily dispatched the other ship but unfortunately, it was so badly damaged that it sank before it could be boarded.

Trinity shouts to the crew:

"Bring the prisoners back to The Tempest"
    "We have couple more ships to sink"

Most of the Obsidian crew on the other two ships were dead or dying.
    The water spouts had done their job.

Trinity turned The Tempest starboard and commanded:
    "FIRE IN THE HOLE"
    "FIRE! FIRE!, FIRE!"
    “Spare ONLY the Obsidian Captain on each ship and bring them back to The Tempest!”

Once the crew was back on board with the prisoners, Trinity set the Obsidian ships ablaze with a ring of fire placed on each decks. The Obsidian Captains were tied to the taffrails on the bow deck and forced to watch as each of their ships sank.

“Release the ropes from the captains.”

Koa, cut the ropes from the captain’s wrists and turned them to face Trinity.
    Trinity spoke directly to the two obsidian crew members that were not killed.
    Her crew knew these words well because she spoke them after each victory.

“I want you to remember this day”
    “I am going to spare your life and set you adrift in a long boat."

"I want you to return to your leaders with a message”

Trinity turns to the Obsidian Captains.

“Years ago, an obsidian attacked and murdered my brother, Zane”
    “He and I were no threat to Obsidians but he was murdered.
    "His head was cut off.”

“From that day forward, I have trained to avenge my brother’s death”

“Today is the day that YOU, Captain, become part of my quest”

With one swift lunge and spinning swing of her sword, a captain’s head fell to the ground.

Trinity stepped forward to the next in the line and repeated the words.
    “Today is the day that YOU, Captain, become part of my quest”

When Trinity sheathed her sword, 4 bodies lay on the deck in a pool of blood.
    The remaining obsidian crew members turned pale from what they witnessed.
    Trinity turned back to them.
    With fire in her eyes Trinity says:

"My name is Trinity"
    "Tell your leaders I want their heads."
    "BRING THEM TO ME!"

“Koa!"

"Lock a captains head to the chains of each of these obsidian scum."
    "Set them adrift.”
    “Throw the captain’s remains to the sharks”

Miraculously, the winds calmed and the skies cleared.

Trinity ponders the saying:
    "Red skies at night"
    "A sailors delight"

A well deserved peaceful night in Dragomir.

Adam Crow, Rentier, Lily Byrd and 7 others like this.
  10. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... A few days before ...

When we got back to Dragomir Mori, we thought we had peace and quiet now.
    The artifacts were hidden in a place where the Obsidians would not suspect ...

We sat together with Boris, Catherine, Trinity, Adam, Alpha and other Friends. Boris said he had to go out to sea.
    Kardan agreed that home is home and that he misses the Peladjar Inn.

We smiled and knew that for days he would tell his new storys to anyone passing through ...
    Samael nodded and said he would join him so he would not have to go back the way alone.

Ariel wanted to accompany them at least until Aerie and Dupre would make his way back to Resolute.
    So once again our ways parted.

I myself decided to accompany Dupre for a while on his way to the north-east, maybe through the Longfall Woods.

We thanked Catherine for her unrivaled hospitality and assured her that we were there when it was necessary.
    The evening was beautiful, with music and singing and good food ...

The next morning we all left early before sunrise ...

* * * * a few days later - meanwhile on my way back to Dragomir Mori * * * *

I left Dupre after a good talk about Honor and Courage ...
    I thought by myself: no bandit who met him would ever ambush anyone again.
    It was good to know about those people around, caring for others, for safety and peace ...

As I arrived to Dragomir I visited Catherine Rose and I noticed her excitement.
    She told me the news about Boris Mondragon's, Trinitys and Alpha Fishstick's brave attack against the Obsidian Fleet!
    I was concerned that we were not here when it happened.
    But Catherine just smiled and said with a calm voice:
    "Boris was not here, too, and if he had not gone out to the sea, they could have surprised us again ... are we thankful, no one ever knows what his decision ultimately entails ..."
    Yes, she was right.

"So the Obsidians are still searching for the artifacts ...", I said thoughtful.
    "It will be only a question of a short time, when they will attack again!", Catherine answered.
    I nodded. "And may be also a very short time, how long it will take to find out, the artifacts are not here any longer ..."

[ to be continued ... ]

11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Earlier that week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Captain, repairs all done, the "Dragon" is seaworthy again"

Boris smiled, this being docked was not his style. He was born for the seas, adventure, fast women and fast gold. He was appreciative of Captain Violet Green's assistance and hospitality yet he knew the crew was anxious to sail once more especially with the Obsidian ships and the storm they had just gone through.

"Raise the anchor, we sail home and hopefully run into more Obsidian Ships." He looked up to the crow's nest where One Eyed Jack was smiling down at him.

"Jack, keep yer one eye open, you need to look closely at every ship we pass. We may have other Obsidian ships concealed as cargo ships on our way home" Jack nodded at him excited at the though of more battles ahead.

They left Jade Valley on a northerly course then the sharp westerly towards Grumridge and finally north again towards Aerie. The weather cooperated as the gods wished for his arrival at his home port.

Later that week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Port Dragomir loomed ahead and the night city lights were a beacon for him. They had passed the signs of battle as many wooden planks floated about approximately 10 leagues from the port. One quick image came to his mind and he saw the fierce pirate captain Trinity with a smile. He knew that meant the De Facto fleet admiral had finished what he and the storm had started. He smiled and so did the crew looking at that floating wreckage with Obsidian markings. Another vision crossed him mind as he could foresee a carnage that would be upon them. He realized in that brief moment of lucidity the Obsidians still though Dragomir had the medallions they wanted. If they wanted they could come and get it. What narrow minded fools they were after all.

"Captain, we will dock as the sun rises. All seems calm, no sight of Obsidian Ships in harbor nor of battle at the port" Razulah spoke as he entered the Captain's quarters. Boris was writing the entries on the log and nodded to him.

"Razulah, sound the drums, let Port Dragomir know we are home. Go to the Tempest and talk to Peg, I need to find Captain Trinity and Lady Catherine soon as we dock, something is headed our way and they will arrive sooner than we expect".

Boris stepped on the top deck as the drums started their constant beat. He loved a grand entrance everywhere he docked.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My Lady go ask Seena to come to the upper deck of the Mist Sea at once please.

As I watched her go my heart began to skip a beat. The drums were being played loudly and joyfully at the anticipation of Captain Boris's return to Port Dragomir.

When Captain Trinity returned with the news that many Obsidians had been killed and that some had been placed in a boat to be returned to their Lord of Obsidians marking the deaths of many of the ships and crew members. We know, however, it is just a matter of a few days before more ships will gather for war upon our shores. We also know that we are battle ready. Many of our warriors are surrounding our city and are waiting with expectancy for this battle.

Captain Stu and Captain Alpha Fishsticks go quickly and request each captain and each resident of Dragomir Mori to go to the center of town next to Stu's Inn. We will have a celebration with a feast as the Sea Goddess blesses us this day. We will remember those who have died in the past. We will remember the three captains who were murdered. We will be joyful that Captain Trinity was successful in her battle with the Obsidians these past few days.

We will welcome Captain Boris home as we eat and dance.

Seena, prepare the table at the center of town as we dance and remember those who have gone before us in battle. We will be ready for the Sea Goddess to give us her blessing. We will be grateful for the truth which Veritus has revealed along with Arachne, the spider, the great weaver and her mother Athena, the goddess of wisdom and of war has brought us to this point in our preparation of battle with the evil and terrible Obsidians.

Seena, make sure we have fruits and meats for all to have their fill. Prepare for every man, woman, child and animal. Let no man or beast go hungry this day.

My Lady, after the feast and blessing has been given we will go to our bed chambers and rest. In a few days we will be in fierce battle. Our strength must not waver.

We will be as one.

One Ship, One Path, One Truth!

13. Drya

Drya Avatar

T'is dire news ya bring us Ironfist. I thought this evil was behind us. *sigh* Well, I know Arx Draconis will support our CatherineRose as she defends Drago Mori. I'd best prepare bandages and gather up ma healin' herbs, potions and salves. T'is well that I've been praying ta Brigid ta help ma skills with the fire arts as well as those what heal. One does not need ta be a seer ta see this will be a fearsome battle!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  14. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

BUT...
    There is little peace tonight as Trinity tosses restlessly in her stateroom.
    Her previous post indicated
    "A well deserved peaceful night in Dragomir."
    Ha! If that were only true.
    Sleepless nights have become the norm with all the excitement of the coming battle.

Each night she has seen the previous battle over and over in her dreams.
    [​IMG]
    Will her brother finally be able to 'Rest in Peace' with the trophy heads of so many Obsidians?

She knows that will not be.
    THIS... is only the beginning, just one more battle in a long war.
    As NIGHT comes to Dragomir, she knows the DAWN will bring a massive battle and more trophies.

This battle will be on land since she, Boris and Captain Fishstick have decimated the Obsidian Fleet.
    It will be many months before they can rebuild an attack from the sea.

Tomorrow, Dragomir will again be in turmoil as the battle rages but then...​

PEACE !

but for how long?

15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

A calm morning as Boris rolls out of his bed and steps down the ladder from the "Dragon". He dives into the cool refreshing water swimming out half a league. He sensed something amyss yet the swim calmed him down and he swam back to the dock. Razulah awaited him at the dock and handed him his robe and towel them pointed towards the open sea.

The fog rolled in towards Port Dragomir slowly and he knew it was the obsidians using the fog, how much time did they have he did not know.

"Razulah, give me the mirror quickly" He used the morning sun rays to signal the bell tower three times. Within seconds the bell rang three times. it was an imminent attack and he saw the first Obsidian ship heading for the far end of the island.

"Fire at will " sink anything in sight and buy the shore time to prepare for the onslaught"

The first obsidian ship caught fire and crashed onshore on the far end of town. More would come and he ran towards the "Tempest" half dressed much to the dismay of Peg.

"Peg, its not what you think, wake up Captain Trinity and let her know we are under attack. Let our crews here on our two ships sink as many as we can" Peg nodded yet pointed to his "attire" and made a gesture of a sword aiming for a certain part of his anatomy to which Boris shook his head running back to the "Dragon". He donned his battle attire and sharpened his swords quickly ready to get the shore troops ready for this which would be the battle of their lives.

He forgot to put away the map that outlined where the Obsidian artefacts where hidden in Kahli but there was no time to go back now. It was onwards to the end.

He heard the crew call to him from his ship and from shore as he saw the first Obsidian squad land on the far bridge.

"One Ship, One Path, One Truth".

16. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

The winds are calm and the sky is clear right above Dragomir Mori yet at the distance to the sea there is a foreboding fog covering all one can see from the horizon upward rolling toward Port Dragomir.

There is blood floating on the waves of the dense fog now very close to Dragomir Mori. This fog in the sea just on the other side of Port Dragomir has not let up in days and is intensifying and getting closer as this day breaks. The sky has skinny fingers of streaks of pink. It is becoming more eerie with no birds singing as the night has turned into dawn.

I see Veritus, the goddess of truth, Arachne,the magical weaver and Athena, Arachne's mother, the goddess of war. They are there standing behind my closed eyes in my dream.
    Veritus, Arachne and Arachne are now standing right next to me as they raise their voices in unison

"Today is the day of the great battle. It will not be the last battle for there are to be many more across the land before a long peace prevails."

"The evil ones are in your hills and mountains and even at your bridges at this moment."
    "There will be much death and bloodshed today."

Be Brave and courageous.
    Do not fear for this is your destiny."

I ran to the deck of the Misti Sea and shouted.

"THE OBSIDIANS ARE HERE"

"COME, DO NOT TARRY."

"RING THE BELLS. SOUND THE BATTLE CRY!"

17. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The screams, the bloodshed, the cries for help yet no quarter asked and none given. This was a battle to the death for both sides so passionate about victory that the adrenaline shook Dragomir Mori down to its core.

On and on they battled until both sides could give no more, the enemy left feeling a sense of accomplishment and the valiant defenders of Dragomir saw their city standing and their fleet mostly intact.

Boris noticed he received special attention from the enemy and suddenly it dawned upon him. This entire battle had been staged by the enemy to distract the entir4e town in order to get the map to the hidden artifacts in Kahli.

He made his way to the "Dragon" as fast as he could and noticed the few remaining crewmembers badly injured. Razulah tended to as many as he could and yet showed the signs of battle on his bloodied body.

This was all a subterfuge after all and he would find the culprit and the map. He headed back to shore to find Catherine and let her know what had just happened after the battle.

Their tracks headed North and he would follow them to hell if necessary to stop them from getting to the hidden medallions.

Adam Crow, Jaesun, Rentier and 5 others like this.
  18. Paladin Michael

... While the battle took place in Dragomir Mori ...

I woke up from the burst of the first ships when the cannonballs hit them.

They are here! I jumped into my boots and run out of the cabin.
    I froze. Countless ships peeled out of the mist on the shore.

I heard the screams, commands of the captains to their crews.

Many People all around took position to fight back the Obsidian Ebon Cultist attack.

By the time I reached the beach, several ships had already collided and hordes of black coats plunged onto the avatars waiting on the shore.

I drew my spear and shield and was about to fall into the crowd when I noticed something in the corner of my eye.

A small group of dark figures appeared in the middle of the deck of Boris Mondragon's ship!

I ran for the ship while the battle raged around me. With a "Blink" I teleported to the deck and could see the 4 figures disappear just below deck.

A cry reached my ears! I hurried after them and froze: A demon stood in front of me and his trident raised to give me the death blow!
    With my shield I was able to ward off the trident and with a turn I could sweep his legs away. That gave me time to summon my own fellow ICY.
    Icy attacked the demon while I hurried after the Obsidian Ebon Cultists. I followed the screams and fight noises - until I stood in the cabin of Boris Mondragon!

While the brave men of Boris fought back, an Ebon Cultist Wizard had brought to him what they should lead to the goal: the map of Boris with the information of the medallions!
    I wanted to rush at him when I froze in the movement! Another Ebon Cultist Wizard had spoken a lightning spell. I was banned.
    While the Ebon Cultist Wizard pulled a sacrificial sword in front of me, I said a prayer. My last one, as I thought ...

[ to be continued ... ]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  19. Paladin Michael

A terrible laugh came from the mouth of the Ebon Cultist wizard as his blade came straight towards me!
    I was not afraid to die because I knew I would reincarnate in less than an hour. But I honestly feared the pain of death.
    An Outlander could not escape this too. And then the 'being pulled out of the body' and 'sucked into a new one' ...
    A painful process!

But the worst thing for me was the knowledge that I could not stop these creatures! They had the map!

All those thoughts ran through my brain very quick!

The moment the blade was supposed to pierce my heart, something else happened!
    Something bright suddenly stood between the blade and my body - ICY!
    The blade hit my faithful companion, who then swept aside the Ebon Cultist Wizard with a 'Bud Spencer Slash'!

My rigidity was just over in that moment! While ICY joined the faithful men of Boris to fight the other evil Obsidians, I jumped in the direction of the wizard who took the map!

Just in this second I wanted to give him a shield bash, he jumped straight out of the window!
    Without hesitation, I jumped behind and followed him. He cleverly wriggled through the fighting that was raging all around us!
    Where did he want to go? He was fast and a champion of blink spell. Fortunately, that was one of the skills I had mastered, too, so I could stay on his heels ...

I just did not know how much longer, until my powers were exhausted ...

And so I followed him northwards!

[ to be continued ... ]

Adam Crow, Jaesun, Rentier and 4 others like this.
  20. Paladin Michael

Dragomir Mori was behind us. The Obsidian Ebon Wizard was persistent.

Did he notice me? I did not know it. I just tried to keep an eye on him.
    Funny considering the fact that I was shortsighted as an earth person.

Anyway, here we humans were the way we always wanted to be at heart - whether good or bad.

While my thoughts jumped through me, it happened suddenly!

Not even inattentive for a whole second - enough to let me fall into the abyss ... Literally!

I suddenly lost the ground under my feet ... and fell ...

But as I fell, I summoned ICY with the instruction to follow the Obsidian.
    At the same time, I reached into my pocket and pulled out Ariel's magic dove and released it.

Then I lost consciousness ... Now it was no longer in my hands ...

[ to be continued ... ]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Lily Byrd, Adam Crow, Jaesun and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.