Blade Speed vs Swiftness

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Modu, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modu

Modu Avatar

Blade Speed resides in Blades.

My level is currently 33, I get +2.1% attack speed. At level 53 I'll get +3.3%.

Swiftness resides in Light Armor

My level is 36 and I get +4.8% move rate and +4.8% attack speed. At level 56 I'll get +7.5% to each.

Swiftness has gone up MUCH MUCH faster than my Blade Speed. It's far superior in every way. They both are T2 skills.

Just mentioning it for future tuning purposes I guess. Seems crazy out of whack right now. Pretty obvious when you try to maximize blade dps.

2. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I use bludgeon instead of blades, you can raise both I can only raise one hence swiftness yeild's more

3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Mostly because Swiftness triggers on more game events than Blade Speed.

And that's the only way to improve Attack Speed for some weapon classes - like Ranged.

helm likes this.
  4. helm

helm Avatar

And - obviously - Swiftness requires the use of light armor, which by definition relies heavily on attack speed (and movement speed!) but suffers severe penalties in terms of damage mitigation.

There is nothing in blade training itself that would warrant huge blade-specific attack speed improvements. A few percentage points is not unreasonable at all.

5. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Anyone think the passive blade damage is worth 80+ points for 1 base damage. It's also a 2x+ xp sink compared to blade speed

6. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

It isn't until it is.
    Low level chars won't find it very useful at all.
    But at a certain point, it become a trivial amount of xp, and that 1 point is cheap compared to how much xp you have to dump into something else to get the same improvement.

Like everything else, it's tiny slices of improvements that eventually add up to something.

7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

It would also scale much better with some uber fast dual wield scenario than 2HS.

Although you can pretty well weave thrusts in between autos and have high atk speed 2HS lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.